Chapter Twelve

I pulled an all-nighter to write this bone apple teeth enjoy your meal.

*This whole chapter takes place from England's perspective slightly back in timeline (so near the end of chapter three), I wanted to switch it up a bit in case the main characters were getting annoying.

England watched China run down the hallway and gritted his teeth, furrowing his brow. He felt something in his throat twist. He immediately labeled it as annoyance but deep down he knew that he still felt something else beyond that. Pity...? Or sorrow maybe? England knew how it felt to have family, or at least people he saw as important to him, that didn't love him.

Most of his former colonies were like this so he was aware of how China felt.

It felt bad, knowing about the same pain that his enemy did, especially when he had to hide it as well. He had to hide it because it was a weakness, loss and pain were weaknesses and no nation had any business showing either. Family and perceived family were both hard to let go of.

The people they had all lost overtime, human or nation-like, were similar to scars in their lives but they had to get over all of these cuts eventually. When America had declared war on him England had felt more fear than anything else, even if he wasn't scared of the incoming war or of the possibility of loss, (though he did not think he would lose at the time). He felt fear instead of anger because he was scared of losing him. It was the same with most of his other colonies and he assumed China had similar experiences.

Pain was incredibly hard to get over, family left scars, and emotional bonds did more harm than good.

'This is ridiculous..." England internally snorted to himself, what other semi-poetic lines would he think of next? He wasn't a bard, this wasn't his business.

"Pathetic," he muttered aloud before turning on his heel and walking away from the hall and back towards the other nations.

His dress shoes clicked down the hallway as he carefully raised his chin again, returning to his resting snobbish expression and brushing out a few wrinkles in his suit, flicking a piece of lint off the shoulder in the process. He gently combed his eyebrows back into place before rolling his shoulders backwards, hearing his bones loudly crack. Finally, he placed his arms behind his back in a poised but not too stiff fashion, straightening up and standing ever so slightly taller.

Breathing in once through his nose, he entered the meeting room.

Meeting Japan's eyes as the rest of the personifications looked up at him, some cutting off from their hushed conversations to stare, imploring him to give them information, he frowned.

Starting down his nose with partially shut eyelids he glared at them all, "What are you lot staring at? There is nothing I have to tell you."

America groaned loudly and Taiwan frowned, eyebrows knitting together as she visibly bit the inside of her cheek. At first it seemed that everyone else was also annoyed, so England was internally thankful when Japan nodded softly, returning England's eye-contact with a blank stare and a matching frown.

England closed his eyes briefly, bowing his head in Japan's direction, the simple motion conveying a small message. Swiftly, the British man swept past the others and sat down in his chair once again.

Taking the European nation's place as the center of attention, Japan calmly looked down at his watch, looking serene compared to America who was staring daggers at Russia. Japan looked at the faces of the nations around him and smiled slightly, closing his eyes and scrunching up his brow, "It seems that we have run out of time for today, everyone can go to their hotels, if you need directions please ask me. Are there any questions about the current tax rates?"