Ch. 5-Ms. Kimi

I walked back to my room with Fran and I already knew something was up her sleeve.  All of my suspicions were confirmed when she insisted silently that I wear a dress. "Listen to me Fran. I'm not a dress person and I'm definitely not a high heeled person," I said and drew the line. Fran looked angry and kicked the shoes back in the closet.

She continued to shove the dress into my face until I agreed to wear it. While Fran was satisfied, I was nowhere close. I put on the green one strapped dress with ruffles on the strap.  I put on fashion leggings and my black boots. I decided to bury my purse in my closet. If someone tried to get to it, I would know.

Fran's two pigtails were curled and she had lip gloss on. "Someone you're trying to impress," I asked and she shook her head no. I put Chap Stick on and was ready to leave but Fran snapped something on my wrist. When I looked down it was a silver bracelet. "It's cute but where did you get it," I asked. Fran put a finger to her lips and we walked out of the room.

I looked over at Fran and she looked like she was humming in her mind. "Don't you ever have the need to talk," I asked. Fran shook her head yes and I raised an eyebrow. "So why don't you try and get over the pain," I asked. Fran stopped and I had to look back. Fran raised her hands to her head and screamed soundlessly before collapsing to the ground. I was getting scarred but Fran looked up with a smile. "You're just a drama queen," I said and helped Fran up.

We walked toward Ranger's room and he was backing out when we turned the corner. Ranger was mumbling under his breath but when he saw us, he smiled. "Well Eve there is hope for you yet. You look nice," he said. "Thanks," I said and looked Ranger over. He was wearing a peach button down shirt with the first two buttons opened and his shirt tail hanging out. Ranger's dark wash jeans fit perfectly over his white high tops.

"Can you tell me where we're going since this little drama queen refuses," I asked. "We are going to crash a party. Its fun," Ranger said and we walked down the hall. "Whose party," I asked. "The A listers of course. They always have the good food so why not? It's not like we can get expelled...if we're not caught," Ranger finished. "So you crash parties every Saturday," I asked.

"No way. That would get boring. We weren't even going tonight but how could we miss the chance when we have a guest," Ranger asked with a grin. I knew he had something else planned but I couldn't ask because we reached a door that was blasting with music. "Are we going in," I asked after us standing in front of the door for three minutes.

"Wait for it," Ranger said and counted down from ten. When Ranger reached one, Fran grabbed my hand and we rushed in the room as people cheered. Ranger quickly closed the door and pulled us to the side. The music was blasting and kids were dancing. If there was one thing the A listers knew how to do, it was how to throw a party.

When I looked to my left, Ranger was gone. I looked back at Fran and she gave me an apologetic smile. Fran let go of my hand and disappeared into the crowd. Since I was standing alone I decided to become the party. I danced until my feet hurt and had fun for once. I mean if this was considered fun. I felt someone tap my shoulder and when I looked back it was like the music stopped playing.

"Caught you. That means you're mine," Hank said and grabbed my hand. I started to protest but Hank couldn't hear me over the music. When we walked out of the room I got out of Hank's grasp and immediately grabbed for my gun. The only problem was that it wasn't here. I cursed as I forgot my situation and took a few steps back.

"What do you want," I asked and Hank smirked. "Something different. Kacy's bugging me and you would be a nice oasis," he said. "So you want a prostitute," I asked and Hank laughed. "Of course not. I never pay for things that can come free," he said. I rolled my eyes and said, "Excuse me but I have already dealt with guys worse than you. If you're trying to seem sexy, you're not." Hank stepped closer to me and asked, "How do I seem then?"