Ch. 15-Mrs. Moore

Sorry for the wait guys. Just go ahead and hit the like button now. That way you wont forget. Did you do it? i hope so because if you don't, Alexi might come and take your cookies. You don't want to know what he does with those. It's life scaring.

Also remember to comment because....you might be out of milk in the morning if you don't....

****************************************

"Isn't he cute? Pay up Harv," Kain says while petting Todd. He's an orange and black cat and he doesn't like being separated from Kain. Harvey tried. "Here," Harvey says while handing Kain some English money. Kain bet that Todd would scratch Harvey and come running into Kain's arms. It was a very funny thing to watch.

I am leaning on a tree and looking at the clouds. I feel better knowing that Alexi is here if I ever need him but he won't stay in the exact same location for long. At least I'll know he's in Europe. "What are you thinking about," Harvey asks while pulling me down into his lap. "Nothing," I say with a smile. How am I going to get more info out of him?

What do I have to ask Harvey? All he'll say is that he's the ex of Christina. I haven't tried getting information out of Kain though. I look over and see Kain talking to Todd. I'm not so sure what information Kain can give me but it's worth a try. I'll wait until I can get him alone.

I look back at Harvey and see him staring at me. "What," I ask. He smirks before touching my face and says, "Nothing. I was just thinking." "About my face," I ask and he laughs. "No. You are just something pretty to stare at," he says and makes me blush. He risks his life for me and then calls me beautiful? What game is he playing?

I laugh before moving out of his lap and lay in the grass. I put my hands under my head and continue to look at the clouds. "Do you think the fish are still there,' Kain asks. "I don't see why not. Why do you want to fish," Harvey asks. I look over and I think I see excitement in his eyes. "Yeah! Come on. Stuff should still be in the shed," Kain says while standing up. Harvey looks down at me but I close my eyes.

"I'm going to stay here. You two have fun," I say. "Alright," Harvey says and the two leave me in peace. I can't screw this mission up. I can't blow my cover. Ms. Jackson will kill me. The breeze makes me shiver but I don't move. I've gone through so much more. The old Eve could kill nine people in one day and not think twice about it. The old Eve could sell drugs, go to school if she felt like it, and have some form of dinner on the table by eight. The old Eve was emotionless, deadly, silent, and Alexi approved so what happened?

Am I becoming too soft? I can't let that happen. I sit up and clench my fists. I need to fight someone. I need to shed some blood but how? I wrap my arms around me and try to calm down. That's the old Eve. The new Eve, Ember has to be kind and rich. Why would a rich girl know how to fight like a common thug? If I get caught, I would need answers. I take in my surroundings before standing up. There has to be someplace I can work out privately.

My room is out. I need to kick and scream. I need to run and jump and make sure that I'm still the old me. I need to prove that I can take care of myself. I gasp from realization and put a hand over my mouth. Am I turning into the girl who needs others to protect me? I cannot let that happen. "Never get soft. Never give up. Never back down. If you do, you're not my daughter," Alexi would always tell me.

I see a lot of trees in the back and make my way there. I can't let anyone see me going back here. "What do you mean she's not just hot," Kain says and I crouch down low. I look past a bush and see Kain and Harvey sitting on the ground near a small river. Well this is just my luck.

"She isn't! I don't know. There's just something about her. Haven't you noticed that about Ember," Harvey says and I freeze. Did I give up my cover? I knew Harvey was smart but please don't let him put the dots together. I won't have a home, job, or friends. Are Ranger and Fran still my friends? They won't be if I get kicked out of the academy.