Ch.16-CPR

“I hate that woman! I bloody hate her,” Jinx exclaims as she throws another flower pot against the wall. Jinx has thrown two pots, four books, a plate, and herself against the wall. I’m just sitting on her bed and watching.

                   What? Jinx is just trying to relieve stress. I used to take a lot of Alexi’s jobs when I was stressed. Of course, I have a better control over my emotions but poor Jinx is a wreck. Finally Jinx slides down the wall and cries.

                   “I don’t know what to do anymore, Ember. The pain just won’t go away,” she says. I put down my plate, the cake was delicious, and walk toward Jinx. Tears are falling down her face nonstop.

                   “Jinx it’s not your fault. You just have to get through this. Just…pick a guy and marry him. It doesn’t have to be Ka-,” I say until Jinx interrupts me.

                   “Don’t! Don’t say it! I will not marry him! Not now, not ever,” Jinx says through tears. Fine. This is what I get for trying to help.

                    “Well I don’t know what to tell you Jinx! Marry someone you don’t care about for a few months or so! Have a kid or two! It really isn’t that hard,” I say and then wince. I’m slipping into Eve mode. I have to watch myself.

                     “I can’t do that! I’d be fine with it but of course that woman would want kids. That’s out. Oh Ember what am I going to do,” Jinx asks. I sigh and let Jinx cry into my shoulder. This is getting really pathetic but I guess I will never know Jinx’s situation.

                       Jinx is like a princess all alone with an evil mother. Jinx has all these privileges, but they all come at the cost of pleasing mommy dearest. I’d be more like…the evil step sister. I’ve just been trained to be this way but in the end, I have a chance of doing things right. Cinderella 3 was a great movie. There’s a light nock on the door and Jinx sits back.

                      “Who is it,” Jinx asks.

                       “Me, Kain. Can I come in,” Kain asks and Jinx freezes. I’ve never seen that much panic in her eyes.  

                       “What do I do,” she asks and I sigh.

                        “Tell him to come in, duh. I’ll leave you two to have some privacy. Make mommy proud,” I say while standing up. Jinx crosses her arms over her chest and pouts. Don’t be so difficult Jinx. I’m just trying to help. When I open the door, I see a nervous looking Kain.

                        “Hey Ember,” he says and I nod. I’ll have to set Kain straight. I walk out into the hall to talk to Kain in private.

                         “Listen Kain. You need to comfort her. You need to make her feel ten times better because her mom said something that really shook her up. I don’t know if Jinx is going to tell you what happened between her and her mother so just be supportive. Please,” I say. See? I can be the good friend. Kain nods before walking into Jinx’s room while closing the door behind him. Perfect. Now I’m all alone.

                           I hear a door close from down the hall and it sparks my interest. I might as well see what’s going on. I walk towards the recently closed door and can’t believe my eyes. I see Harvey swimming in a huge indoor pool. Wow. He looks like he’s upset too. Maybe that’s how all swimmers seem. Harvey does a few laps without noticing I’m here. Harvey finally pulls up to gasp and wipe water from his eyes. I take off my shoes and walk toward the edge. I might as well get comfortable.