Ch. 4-Flowers

The next part you guys and I hope you enjoy! I really like writing this story!

**********************************

 Ranger, Fran, and I walked outside for defense and offense class. “Is this like an intense P.E. class,” I asked, “Basically,” Ranger said and we lined up. I looked to my left and Kacy was staring at me. She turned away from me to hug Hank and I guess she thought that bothered me. “Listen up class. Pick a weapon and prep,” Mr. Cortez said. He was a black man with low waves and brown eyes that screamed don’t get on my nerves. The class walked up to two boxes and I didn’t see any guns. I saw a few sticks of different sizes and a few links of chain.

I decided to get a stick about the length from my wrist to my elbow and stepped back in line. “Pair up in two’s,” he said. I looked to my right and there was a small boy. He didn’t even look 14 with his innocent green eyes and red hair. “Wanna be my partner,” I asked and he nodded. I wouldn’t let appearances fool me though. “Alright spread out and on my whistle attack. Make it look interesting,” Mr. Cortez said and the kid walked away from me.

I followed him and asked him what his name was. “Jason,” he said. “I’m Eve,” I said and Mr. Cortez blew the whistle. Jason watched me but I was just confused. I don’t attack anyone unless they’re attacking me. “Move or something,” Jason said. “No you can go,” I said with a smile and Jason ran up to me. I stepped to the side and pinned his arm behind his back. I pushed him in the dirt and held my stick to his head. “Now what,” I asked. “Just let me go,” he said and I released him.

He stuck out his hand and I raised an eyebrow. “I’m new here. You must be someone here for years,” he said. I shook Jason’s hand and said, “No I got here yesterday.” “Well then you should have no problem passing this class,” Jason said. “Alright switch up,” Mr. Cortez said. “Bye Jason. See you around,” I said and ran towards Fran. “Go easy on me,” I warned and she nodded. When Mr. Cortez said go Fran ran at me with her stick pointed toward me. I grabbed the stick and tried to pull it out of her hand.

If I had my gun Fran would be dead by now. I let go and stepped back as Fran kicked my stomach. I hit her arm with my stick and she kicked my leg. “Stop with the kicking,” I exclaimed and Fran gave me an apologetic smile. Fran knocked my stick out my hand so I didn’t have a weapon. I cursed to myself and decided to go offensive. I let Fran attack me without seriously damaging myself and grabbed her leg. I raised it up and she started to shake her head no. I pushed her back because I didn’t want to hurt her. Fran stood back and blinked before throwing her stick to the ground.

Fran pretended to stab herself in the stomach and fell to the ground. I ran over and she sat up. “Is this your way of saying truce,” I asked and she nodded. “Fine,” I said and helped her up. When Mr. Cortez told us to switch I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked back and it was Kacy. “Fight me,” she said and I went to get my stick. Kacy stood straight and when Mr. Cortez said go she didn’t move. “Aren’t you going to attack me,” Kacy asked. “No,” I said but stood prepared.

“Do you know how many girls wish to be in your position,” Kacy asked. To fight her? “I can only imagine,” I said and Kacy rolled her eyes. “Fine,” she said and ran toward me. I moved out of her way and ducked when she tried to kick me. I punched her in the stomach and tried to get up. She kneed my jaw and I bit my tongue. I cursed and hit her in the side. She twisted my arm behind my back but I refused to give up. I hit her head with the back of my own and broke free. “Where did you come from? A gang,” she asked. “No just the ghetto,” I said as she ran toward me. I used all my strength to flip her over but Kacy recovered quickly and grabbed my leg.

Kacy pulled me down with her and we were rolling around on the ground. She was scratching my face and that was a huge no-no in my book. I got tired of trying to be nice so I gave her a good punch in the nose. I heard a few people exclaim and when I looked to my right, everyone was watching. Kacy was under me and was holding her nose. My bad. I quickly got up and watched as Hasnel helped her up. “You took this too far,” Hansel said. “She started to scratch my face. What was I supposed to do,” I asked and no one answered.