Ch. 11-Fight

I walked to class with Jinx talking non-stop. I didn't mind the conversation but I wasn't used to talking to someone so much. Even in my old life I didn't talk a lot. I didn't have anyone to talk to. "Why are we going to class today," I asked. I didn't mind going to school but my bed seemed comfortable too. "I want to go to the football game! We only get to go if we were in the first and last class of the day.  We could have just snuck in but I felt like doing the right thing today," Jinx said proudly.

Did she think about doing the right thing before or after Jinx beat up the girl who called her a prostitute? "Alright. Are the games entertaining," I asked. "Yeah. Sometimes the players have to be wheeled away on a stretcher. That's my favorite part," Jinx said and that's when I really started to question her personality.

I sighed as we entered the main building. A lot of kids were running around and I couldn't figure out why. "We're about to be late. Don't worry about it though. Harvery and Kain will give us a distraction," Jinx said. We turned the corner and the bell rang. How much time would this distraction give us? Jinx walked into an empty classroom which was right next door to the classroom we were supposed to go into.

I followed Jinx curiously as she opened a large, grey cabinet against the wall. "There's a piece at the bottom that comes out. I'm going to pull it out and it's your job to put it back. Understand," Jinx asked and I nodded. Jinx crawled into the cabinet and pulled out a piece of the cabinet which revealed a red tarp. "Be very quiet. Kain should have seats for us in the back. Get out quickly," Jinx said before opening the tarp.

When she crawled through, I closed the cabinet piece behind me. How did she know all of these trap doors? When I crawled through the red tarp, the other piece of cabinet was removed. I crawled through the tight space and emerged in my classroom's cabinet. I quickly closed the cabinet's trap door from behind me and crawled out of the cabinet. I crawled to my desk and quickly had a seat.

 I looked to my left and there was a desk filled with school work, Kain, and then Jinx. "Mr. Turner I appreciate that you have been paying attention in my class but I have to call the roll," the teacher said. "Sorry sir but this problem is just so mind boggling. Will you please explain how-," Harvey said but was cut off.

"Hey Harv's! Stop trying to give us more homework," Jinx said and Harvey looked back. "Fine," Harvey said and put the chalk on the teacher's desk. Harvey made his way toward me and left the teacher very confused. Harvey sat down as the teacher started to call the roll. "Had fun," Harvey asked with a grin.

I found myself smirking back as I asked, "How do you guys know all the secrets of this school?" Harvey stared into my eyes for a while before saying, "Jinx, Kain, and I have been friends forever. Our parents graduated from here around the same time. They are alumni of the school so the three of us have had many years to explore."

"Ms. Emma Smith," the teacher called out. "Here," I said before giving my full attention to Harvey. "Now you're making me feel left out," I said and Harvey laughed. "Very funny says the girl who needs personal space. Don't worry, pet. I won't leave you out," he said. "Mr. Harvey Turner," the teacher called out.

"Here," Harvey said and I couldn't help but notice that I breathed a little deeper. I turned away from Harvey's gaze to focus more on the teacher. That didn't hold my attention for long so I scanned the room. Riley and Ruby were towards the front and they looked so crisp. They were playing their parts perfectly. They both looked like the perfect result of wealth.

I thought about my own appearance. I had an edgy vibe with my red lip-gloss, grey eye shadow, and mascara. I never wear this much make up but Jinx insisted. When the bell rang, I was relieved. Harvey grabbed my bag and pulled me into his arms. "Jinx and Kain are ditching so that leaves the two of us until lunch," Harvey said.