Page 24

I scrambled out of the car, and Caleb hopped out at the same time. We both leaned over the roof, eye to eye.

"Get back in the car." Caleb's teeth were bared as he growled.

"You could've killed us!" My throat tightened.

"Get back in the damn car!" He slammed his palm down on the roof, his eyes on fire.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you need to go home," he spat out like 'duh.'

"No." I shook my head. I'm not getting in your car. And I'm not letting you leave. We're not moving from this spot until you've told me the truth."

After only a moment's more hesitation, he finally let out a defeated sigh and met my eyes.

"Trixie, don't do this."

"Not the answer I was looking for."

"Dammit, Trixie!"

"Now, talk. Why do you hate me?"

"Hate you?" Caleb breathed heavily and shook his head. "I never hated you."

What? I was stunned.

Suddenly, he was in front of me. Cocking his head to the side, his glistening eyes searched mine. I didn't know what he looked for, and I didn't know what I wanted to reveal.

"You're not telling me everything." My voice cracked, as he reached up to cup my cheek and wipe the tear away with his thumb.

"No, I'm not." His husky whisper caused tingles to spread over my body, or maybe it was his thumb caressing circles on my cheek.

"Trixie?" His lips were inches from mine, and his body radiated heat. "You make me crazy, your eyes, your lips, everything. Why am I drawn to you?"

His mouth dipped to the side and lightly grazed my cheek. Unwanted pleasure escaped my throat, and I let out a little moan.

I closed my eyes, savoring the new sensations. As his lips moved over my ear, he asked, "Can I kiss you now?"

Oh, God. No . No. No.

His lips moved back over my cheek, inching closer to my mouth.

"I want to touch you." His words were against my lips now. "I want to feel what's mine."

But my eyes snapped open when I realized that he was toying me, just like the previous time.

"Stay away from me." I walked to the passenger side.

I heard his chuckle behind me.

Sitting on the passenger seat, I peeked Caleb from the corner of my eyes.

I love you. A tear spilled over as I closed my eyes.

Caleb.

My eyes flutter open with a sudden chill. I am in bed. Are my windows open?

Looking around me, I widened my eyes with shock when I noticed Trixie standing at the foot of my bed.

"Trixie?" I wipe my eyes and look at her questionably. And she was only covered with my blanket, I mean, naked.

"Don't," my husky voice commands her. "Don't cover yourself."

I don't know why she obeyed.

Holy Mother.

Trixie was standing naked in front of me. And she is beautiful.

My intense gaze scours every inch of her body as she was standing there.

Her skin is sear with my hungry observation, and I can't seem to get enough air.

Her naked breast shimmers in the moonlight coming through my window.

Suddenly I heard someone banging my door. My eyes fluttered open. I looked to my left and right before I shot up in my bed. Sunlight shined through my bedroom window, and I realized I was all alone.

What the hell?

I twisted around, sure that I'd find Trixie there. But no. Nothing. No Trixie. No moonlight. I had gone to sleep in my boxers. My blankets rested on my body. Trixie had never been here.

Caleb, you're psychotic. Fantasizing about her was sick. I took deep, long breathes to calm myself down. It was all because she'd been on my mind so much. Nothing more.

"Are you up, Caleb?" Natalie was banging my door.

But why is she here, that too so early.

"Uh, yeah. Just woke up," Opening the door, I plastered an innocent smile on my face.

Natalie pushed me and went straight to the bed. Folding her legs, she sat upright. She was furious.

"Are you okay? Do you need something?" I asked her timidly.

"Have you gone out of your mind. Don't you remember what you did to me last night? And you left me there alone, for Trixie? How could you do this to me? " Between her sobs, she tried to show her anger towards me.

I was dumbstruck. Natalie knew that I left with Trixie last night.

I don't know what happened to me at that moment I lied to her.

Taking a deep breath, I approached Natalie.

Sitting next to her in my bed, holding her hand, I tried to soothe her.

"Natalie, I am sorry. Leaving you alone was never my intention. I have a valid reason for my deeds."

"Reason?"

"Yes, reason. Last night Cisco told me that Rowan is trying to harm Trixie. And you know how Rowan is?"

She nodded innocently.

"And I panicked. I searched Adam, Trixie's boyfriend, but he was too drunk to hang out with her. Trixie was nowhere. While I was searching for her, I heard her scream. Rowan tried to molest her. I saved her from him and drove her home safely."

"You could have asked my help also. I could have smashed that dick Rowan's head." She was back to normal.

With a sigh, I got up from the bed and moved to stand next to the window.

Her curtains are still down. Trixie must be tired from last night. Would she be dreaming about me?

Shoving the thoughts aside, I turned towards Natalie. " I didn't want you to get in trouble. And right now, you should talk to Trixie. She must be in trauma."

"Do you still love me?" she asked before leaving.

And I lied to her again." I'll always love you."

I needed to be alone, and I wasn't sure I could keep what happened between Trixie and me a secret. Natalie deserved to know that I kissed Trixie, but I didn't want anyone to know, so I chose to avoid everyone.

Honestly, Natalie was probably the best partner one could ask for, but the problem is, I didn't feel the firecrackers going off in my stomach when she kisses me. I didn't feel anything.

Trixie was like the Fourth of July, all over my body.