Page 15

Her smell, her skin, everything invaded my world, and I couldn't see straight. My head felt dazed, like I was underwater, weightless, and quiet.

I sucked her bottom lip, what I'd been dying to get. And I wanted to taste her everywhere.

Her chest pressed into mine, and I was between her legs. I tried to catch my breath between kisses, and this is where I wanted to be. She wasn't fighting me, and I smiled as she stretched her neck back for me, inviting me in. I dug my hands into her body, pulling her into my hips, so she could feel how much I wanted her.

She'd wrapped her legs around me, and I unhooked her bra, in complete awe of her soft, round, perfect boobs. I ran my hands on her breast and gasped for air. I wasn't going to move until my hands or mouth had been on every part of her.

As I kissed her neck, she brought my face back up to her lips, and I reveled in how she responded. She wanted this as much as I did.

I dove for the little spot under her ear, smelling and aching for her.

"Trixie, stop." I pulled my head away from her, but she just kept going.

I yelled, "Trixie! I said, stop!" I pushed her away.

She stumbled back a few steps, breathing hard. Too far. I ran out of her house. My heart was nearly beating out of my chest as I made it to my front porch.

What are you doing? You have Natalie! I screamed to myself.

I tried to catch my breath. How could I have let that happen? It was like I hadn't even been in control! It was crazy out there, but the feel of her made me forget everything.

A thousand questions filled my head, but I pushed them away. No. One thing was clear; I have Natalie, who loves me like crazy, and I will not break her trust.

This wouldn't happen again.

Trixie.

His lips devoured me, hard and fast, like I was being eaten alive. His tongue dived into my mouth, and I let it, needing to feel all of him. The pulsing sensation in my core quickened, and I wrapped my legs around his waist before I closed my eyes, savoring the release.

I tried to think, but I couldn't, I didn't want to.

He released my arms, threading one hand roughly through my hair and the other gripping my ass. He sucked my bottom lip and then turned his attention to my jaw and neck in hot kisses. A legion of butterflies took flight in my stomach, and I moaned with pleasure.

And I kissed him back.

"Trixie, stop." He pulled his head away from me, but I just kept going. Nope. You, me, and a fucking bed, now.

"Trixie! I said, stop!" And he pushed me away.

I stumbled back, shocked out of my trance.

I stood there, trying to fucking figure out what to say to him, but he ran out of the house.

Goddamn.

I had no idea what the hell I was going to do now, but one thing was damn sure.

We weren't done.

IT WAS FRIDAY NIGHT, a long two days after my kiss with Caleb, sitting in my room, I was trying to solve the Math's problem.

In the figure below, Ray AB was constructed starting from rays AC and AD. By using a compass, C and D were marked equidistant from A on rays AC and AD. The compass was then used to locate a Point Q, distinct from A, so that Q is equidistant from C and D. For all constructions defined by the above steps, find the measures of BAC and BAD.

If dad was here, he would know what to do.

I mean, come freaking on, was there even a question in there? Was the triangle looking drawing below supposed to help? Did I need a compass? And why did the answers below have numbers? There weren't any freaking numbers in the story problem.

"Relax, Trixie," Dad would tell me. "Take a break and come back to it later."

And he was right. Dad was always right, God, I missed him.

I tossed the ACT study book to the floor and rested my head on the back of the couch. I must have killed a lot of cows in a past life for Karma to hate me this much. Maybe I'd died one year ago with my dad, and unknowingly entered hell. Doomed to spend the rest of eternity living with my mom and stepfather and retaking the ACT over and over again.