Ch.2

Later that evening we were all sitting around the campfire roasting hot dogs and s'mores. It was getting chilly and I scooted closer to the fire.

"Hey Katrina why don't you get your guitar and sing for us!" My mom suddenly exclaimed.

"Err..." I said, surprised.

"Ya!"

"Play for us!" Several voices chorused.

Cocking an eyebrow I glanced at my little brother cuddled next to me.

"What do ya think bud?"

He smiled his adorable three year old smile at me. Did I mention how much I love this kid? I laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Well that settles it!" I jogged off to my families cabin and came back with my guitar. I loved this thing. It was custom made. I had saved up for two years for it. Yep thats right, normal people save up for a car... I saved up for a guitar. It was acoustic and beautifully made. The most amazing thing was that it had all my favorite quotes in small cursive letters around the edge. I put the strap over my shoulder, grabbed my pearl colored pick and sat back down next to my brother.

"Nice guitar." Jake said with a hint of a smile. I looked at him surprised.

"Uh thanks." I recovered and smiled back at him. His mother was looking at him expectantly and he narrowed his eyes and gave the slightest shake of his head. I cocked an eyebrow at the two of them and shook my head laughing lightly.

"Soo... Requests?"

"One Direction!" Lilly and Felice chirped. I laughed. The boys groaned.

"Hey I love One Direction as much as the next girl so don't groan with three Directioner's standing in front of you." I retorted giving the boys a look.

Laughing again I stated. "Besides, I'm singing, not the boys. So really I'm just using there words. Why does it matter who made them?" They didn't argue.

"Good, glad that's settled.. Now what song?!" Felice said, trying to keep herself from bouncing with joy. Hunter was looking at her with a smug/amused expression. She shot him a glare and he snickered before she turned back to me. They had been at each others heels all days. Uwww I think it's looooove!! Ah ha I was gonna bug them about that to no end, especially since they had become best enemies in a little less than a day. They watched me as I flitted my eyes between the two of them before winking and putting my finger to my lips. They both looked at me mortified and Lilly and I snickered. Maybe this summer would be alright after all. I cleared my throat.

"So how about Little Things? That's my favorite song and it's written by Ed Sheeran not One Direction so everyone's happy. I shot a glance at the three teenage boys and stuck my tongue out at then like the mature person I am. They rolled there eyes but all gave there consent.

With an slightly smug grin and exasperated sigh I said. "Finally!" Everyone laughed and I took a deep breath and started strumming and singing.

"Your hand fits in mine like its made just for me

But bear this in mind it was meant to be

And I'm joinin up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me.

I know you've never loved, the crinkles by your eyes when you smile

You've never loved, your stomach or your thighs

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

But I love them, endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth