Prolouge

"You're going to love it in the mountains Katrina!" My mom chirped at me. I just huffed and looked out the window. Not a sign of civilization in sight. I was going to be stuck up here all summer, and it wasn't even warm! I was going to have a cold summer. Not just that but I didn't even have Internet or cell phone reception. So not only could I not do normal summer activities, I couldn't hear about my friends summers either.

"All of our great friends from high school will be there and all there kids too!" My mom was still talking.

"You can make new friends." My dad offered.

"Mm hmm." I retorted "There all like 10 right?"

"Actually no." My dad was starting to sound annoyed. Welcome to my world bud! "The oldest is a boy your age. There's two 15-year-olds, two 13-year-olds, two eight-year-olds and a four-year-old."

"So you'll have a friend Dally!" My mom cooed to my three year old brother next to me. He gave our mom a look and I laughed and ruffled his hair. That's my boy! I loved this kid, always had my back.

"So there's one 18-year-old boy? I'll probably just end up babysitting everyone anyway." I enjoyed arguing.

My dad sighed. "I'm done arguing with you Katrina." Well darn. "This trip is what you make it so I advise you make the best of it."

I huffed again, why did he always have to say wise stuff?! It's hard to argue with reason. Besides I could tell he was done talking. Glancing over at Dally I could tell he knew I wasn't happy which made him unhappy. I hated when he wasn't happy so I put on a smile and sang for him. He loved it when I sang.