Ch.9

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What in the world was that?

I dismissed the thought as I heard murmurs and a quiet sob that broke my heart.

Dally.

I wanted to get up and hold him in my arms, sing to him and tell him it would be all right, but I couldn't. As much as I tried, I couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't even open my eyes. I didn't know what was wrong and I figured I could probably learn something if I listened.

I heard a whimper, Dally. Then I heard shuffling feet and the soft shutting of a door. But I could feel I wasn't alone.

I was right.

I heard someone come and sit next to me, I guess I was laying down, and clear their throat.

"Hey Katrina."

I knew that voice...

"You've been asleep for five days, eight hours, and... Seven minutes." They said, their voice cracking at the end. They were a He, I figured out that much.

"Happy birthday, by the way. Did you know we had the same birthday? You think we would have know that, considering all the time spent together." He laughed humorously.

"The- The doctors don't know if you'll remember anything..." He choked on a sob. "They don't even know when you'll wake up. If you do wake up." The sob came out, racking his body, and it took him a minute to talk again.

"Y-you have to wake up! I-I can't... You-you can't go...Not after all we've been through... And to think, we never would have even met..." He laughed, but I sensed the sadness in his voice. "...If our parents hadn't dragged us up a mountain for the summer."

Everything came back to me in flash. Seeing him for the first time, the horseback riding, the raccoons, the lake, the valley, the campfire, the songs, the woods, the clearing, our tree, the engraving, the nights spent in his arms, the days spent hearing his voice. The fight, the tree, my head, that warmth, those words, the dark.

Jake.

My eyes shot open.

"Jake?"

"Oh my gosh." He breathed. "Katrina?"

"Hey Jake." I whispered with tears in my eyes and a smile pulling on the corners of my mouth.

"Katrina!" He was full out sobbing now, as was I. I grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the edge of the bed. I tried to sit up, but I couldn't get up very far, looking down, I saw I was attached to dozens of machines, which made me cry harder.

Very gently, Jake leaned down until we met, and he wrapped his arms around my waist and embraced me, holding me suspended a few inches above the bed. He whispered in my ear and I cried into his shoulder for who knows how long. I lost track of the time. Then again, apparently I've last track of time for five whole days.

"Jake?" We really should be heading back it's late-" Lilly looked up and saw us and her puffy, red rimmed eyes widened.

"Katrina?" She gasped.

"Hey Lil." I said sniffling.

"Oh my gosh." She whispered. "Oh my gosh! Guys! Katrina! She's... She's awake!"

*********

After Jake and I passed out, he woke up after a few hours, but he couldn't wake me up. He ended up carrying me back to the camp, and we were immediately brought to the hospital, but by then it was to late.

I was in a coma.

The cut in his side wasn't too deep, they just wrapped it up, but he did need stitches where his eyebrow was split. I was another story. While he was ready to leave within the next day and a half, I had yet to wake up.

As they told me this, Jake never let go of my hand and Dally didn't stop hugging me. It was almost heart breaking to know they would never let me go.

Because they came so close to having to do so.

Everyone who had been camping with us had left our camp when mine and Jake's family had, they were all staying in a hotel close to the hospital. I guess I never realized how good of people these were until they were almost gone.

My mother was never found. When the police went to investigate, both her and that man were no where to be seen.

Wanted but never found.

After a while everyone was told to leave and get some rest. Jake stayed. He had to leave while the doctors ran some tests on me but was aloud to come back while we waited for the results. We were talking about raccoons when the doctor came back.

"Miss Adlin?"

"Yes?"

"We got the results back, and you seem to be doing fine, but there was one thing we found that was a bit... Surprising."

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

"You're pregnant."

IMPORTANT: READ ENTIRE THING!!!!!!!!

Authors Note-

OMG! Yah... This is the last chapter of this book guys! ;( But good news:

THERE WILL BE AN EPILOGUE!

This isn't the end!! Well not really. Please stay tuned! And pleaseeee:

VOTE COMMENT and FAN!!!

I beg you!! Like you don't know how much it means to us authors to get feedback. I didn't until I started writing and now I vote for every single chapter I read, the least you can do is the same!

Thank you all for your support through this and there will be other stories to come :)

-Dana