Ch.6

~Two weeks later~

"Bye dad I'll see ya later." I called to my dad as I walked towards the woods.

"Where are you going?" He called after me.

"Just gonna go practice my guitar." I turned around still walking, and swung my guitar up.

"You sure play that thing a lot." My mom had walked up and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You were just fine with it in the beginning of the summer!" I exclaimed throwing my free hand up in the air.

"Ya but why are you playing so often all of a sudden huh?! How come you keep sneaking off into the woods to play?"

We were starting to attract a small crowd of parents.

"It's not sneaking off if everyone see's me leave!" I shrieked before sprinting off towards the woods. I crashed through a small opening and weaved my way through the complicated path that takes you to the clearing where Jake and I played guitar.

Not paying any attention I burst into the clearing and ran into someone, making me fall backwards. I looked up to see Jake looking down at me with concern written all over his face.

"Katrina what happened?" He knelt down next to me and wiped away a tear that was running down my cheek. I hadn't even know I was crying. I furiously wiped tears away and stood up.

"N-nothing." I stuttered, taking a step back.

I wasn't ready to let my walls come down. I can't say I've had a boyfriend that didn't use me or cheat on me. I wasn't going to get hurt again.

But I don't know.. Jake seemed..different.

Maybe that's why I didn't turn away when he stepped close to me, and wiped my tears away, which hadn't ceased to stream down my face.

Maybe that's why, when he cupped my face in his hands, I didn't flinch.

Maybe thats why, when he whispered "It's your mom isn't it?" and I nodded, then he proceeded to say "Let me help you." I said "Ok."

Maybe that why, when he kissed me..

I kissed him back.

Maybe I was ready to let my walls down.

At least for him.

********** **********

~A few weeks later~

.....

"And all my walls, stood tall painted blue

But I'll take 'em down, take 'em down

?

And open up the door for you"

Jake and I were singing Everything has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.

"And all I feel

In my stomach is butterflies

The beautiful kind

Makin up for lost time

Takin flight

Makin me feel like"

""I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

I just wanna know you, know you, know you..