Chapter 14: Saying "I Do"

*Willow's POV*

"You are still wearing makeup though," Alice says.

"Of course! Just because I am wearing white hiker boots instead of heels doesn't change anything else. Heels are not my thing. That's all," I explain.

Alice rolls her eyes. "Fine," she replies.

Rose and Alice begin to work on my face while Esme works on getting the other girls into their outfits. "Can we turn on some music or something?" I ask. Bella gets a speaker and turns on the music Edward wrote for me. "Thanks." 

I sigh as the girls begin to do my eyeshadow. They add a small touch of real gold to my eyes.

That was all Rose and Esme. I did not agree to it, but they insisted.

"And, done!" Rose exclaims.

I open my eyes and my jaw opens in pure awe. "Girls," I pout, "it's so much!"

"You deserve it. Besides, you let us do your makeup. That's where you messed up," Alice replies.

"You're right," I mumble.

"What?" Rose asks.

"I said you're right," I say slightly louder.

Rose puts on a content face. She sits Charlotte down next. I put on knee high white socks. I next put on a strapless white bra and panty set. I put my black robe on over it.

Esme sits me down and does my hair into a beautiful bun. She also ushers me to the bathroom to brush my teeth, floss, and use mouthwash.

It is a warmer day outside, about 75 or so degrees. A small gust of wind passes from time to time. I sit outside, careful not to damage any of the work the girls have done.

I have decided that today I will be walking down the aisle by myself. Emmett will be the one to give me away, but I don't want anyone to walk with me. I have been walking on my own all my life. That is how I want to be when I walk to the altar. It wasn't until after my hardships and trials that I finally walked alongside someone.

Rose did not like my decision, but she still respects it. It's my day.

"Willow, we are ready to leave," Charlotte says.

"Okay," I reply.

I get up and grab my bag. We go out and throw our stuff into my truck. No one rides with me back to the house, so I make a pit stop. There is still 4 hours until the wedding, so I have enough time. I put on shorts and a tee shirt.

I run down to the small pond. No one else is here. I stick my feet into the water and soak in the sun. I no longer have to run. I don't have to be afraid. I will live forever with the one I love.

I go back to the truck and drive the rest of the way back home. I wipe my feet off in the grass. "Willow, where have you been?" Rose asks.

"I just made a pit stop," I explain. She rolls her eyes and leads me into the house.

"Willow!" Alice announces.

"Alice!" I shout back.

"That's not funny. Where have you been?!" she asks.

"I just made a pit stop," I say.

"Well, it's time to get your dress on," Rose says.

Rose and Charlotte help me put on the dress. Alice bends down to put on my shoes. She also makes her last attempt at persuading me with heels. I just shake my head.

Emse slips a beautiful hair pin and vail onto my head. I look at myself in the mirror and do not recognize the person staring back.

"Now, Willow, are you sure you want to walk by yourself?" Rose asks.