Chapter 5: Training for the Wedding

"Good morning, Willow," Maria says walking into the cell. "Since you don't want to feed, you get this special thing." She holds out a needle. I try to stand up but fail. She injects the needle into my neck. I groan for a minute before the blood takes its course. "How does that feel?" she asks.

I get up and throw her across the room. I try to break down the door. The two guards come in. The burnett holds me back, and the blonde goes to help Maria up. "She's better than?" he asks.

"Much. Bring her to Lindsey," she demands. I am dropped in the ring yet again.

"You gonna fight me today?" Lindsey asks coming out of the fitting rooms. She walks up to me and tries to throw me. I instead grab her hair and fling her across the room. There is a loud thump as she hits the wall. "Oh, she is good," Lindsey comments.

She runs back at me. I again grab her before she can get to me. We get into a wrestling match, neither of us winning. She pins me to the ground after a minute or two. "Maria, Darling?" Lindsey asks. "Is she getting her injection yet?"

"Not quite. They start tonight," Maria explains.

"Good, I can't wait to meet our new major," Lindsey says. I am dragged back to the windowed cell.

Maria walks into my cell. "Got a tennis ball by any chance?" I ask boredly. She scoffs. "Alright," I stretch standing up from my former position.

"You are going to feel much better after this," she says with a smirk.

"What?!" I say alarmed, but she injects me with another needle. This time it's different though. It feels as though I am in my body, but I have no control.

"How's that?" Maria asks.

"Oh, so much better, Ma'am," I reply. This is not me. It's almost like I'm possessed.

"Don't worry. You will get this injection every night until you learn to obey," Maria explains. "Soon, it'll all come naturally. My army cannot wait for their new major." She gives me a smirk that could make anyone squirm.

Two humans are thrown into the cell. Maria yet again attacks hers and drains her of her blood. "Your turn."

I involuntarily pounce on the still living human. I drain him of his blood. I take a breath in feel better than I have ever been. All my senses leave me, and I am practically begging for more. "Wait until tomorrow. Then, you can have more." Maria leaves my cell.

*Three Months Later*

"Maria, tomorrow, I want to see her without the injection," Lindsey commands.

"We shall try," Maria says with a satisfied smirk.

That night, I don't get the injection. I am in the cage with the rest of the group. I find a good looking human and pounce her. She is probably only about twelve, but I could care less. Human blood makes you feel so alive. It makes my powers stronger.

I am sent back to my cell. Over the past three months I have graduated slowly. I am still in the cell since I have been getting the injection. By tomorrow, I should be in a suite, just like my master. I sit there watching Netflix.

The sun rises, and I get ready to go to the rink. "Good morning, Major," Maria addresses. This is the first time she's called me major. I get a pinging feeling in my gut. Almost like I've heard the name before. "You won't be going to the ring today," she informs me.

By the way, I have full control of my body. I have learned that if you follow Maria's rules, everything is okay. I don't have to be brainwashed to follow her anymore. "Where am I fighting today then?" I ask.