Chapter 3: Trouble in Paradise

About an hour later my first episode of Gilmore Girls is done. I look through Netflix unable to find any new Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, or Supernatural, so I walk downstairs. I walk ever so carefully down because of my earlier accident.

"Willow, we have a problem," Emmett says right as I get on the last step. "We can't find Alice or Jackson!"

"Shit. I knew something was wrong with that dude," I curse.

We both run back to the kitchen. Carlisle is rubbing soothing circles on Esme's back. Rose is pacing back and forth in front of the island. "Where could they have gone? Into the woods maybe?" Rose suggests.

"No, I think he took her back to the Volturi. He had the same aura as my relatives. I paid no attention to it until now," I say calmly.

"How can you be so calm?" Emmett asks.

"Because someone has to be! If we are all going to freak out, we'll tear each other apart before we can even get a slight idea of where he took her!" I shout.

"She's right," Carlisle speaks up. "We have to remain clear minded. This is what they want. They want to tear apart this family so that we won't be as strong as them. Tomorrow we will go hunting. After that, I'll make a few calls to some of my friends. They'll keep an eye out for her. Then, we'll search the area. Can we do that?" Carlisle asks.

"Yeah," Emmett and I agree.

"Yes," Rose and Jasper agree.

Esme takes a deep breath and says, "We just need to find them."

"How do we even know that they are actually mates? He could be lying. Alice seemed so desperate that she could've believed him right off the bat," I suggest.

"Willow is right. Alice was looking over all the vampires we met. She was desperate," Jasper agrees walking up behind me and placing an arm around my waist.

"I never thought of that. He also could've had her under some sort of trance," Esme says.

"So, we should all go rest up?" I suggest.

"Wait, are you only in a hoodie?" Emmett asks.

Jasper growls. "No! I'm wearing spandex," I explain with a laugh. "I'm not a slut." At that I turn on my heel and run up the stairs.

"I think she's enjoying doing that too much." I hear Emmett announce. Then he whistles. "Go get her tiger!"

I laugh at the last comment. Then, I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. "Hello, Darlin'," Jasper says. I lean into him. His chest rumbles. I've never noticed this before.

I turn around, but he's gone. The closet door is propped open. I run to it. I crack it open, and see Jasper standing there in just his jeans. He smirks as he notices me snooping. I stand up straight as he nears the door. His lips capture mine in a breathtaking kiss. This kiss lasts longer than it normally would because we don't have to breathe. Haha, stupid humans! You have to stop!

Eventually he breaks the kiss. "As much as I'd like to keep makin' out with you, I need a shower," Jasper announces. I pout. "We will be finishing later."

I smile and let him pass. It normally doesn't take him long in the shower knowing that he has something to finish, so I just wait on the bed. Life as a vampire can get boring at times. Here in Forks, it rains, a lot. That pretty much deletes playing outside at night. Tonight is an exception though. It's clear and you can see all the stars.

I put on a pair of black sweatpants, and some high tops. Jasper comes back in only sweatpants. "Come get me!" I yell jumping off the balcony. He snickers and follows me.