Chapter Twenty

Holy shit, it's chapter 20.

<><><><>

I sat in the quiet art room. Everyone had left, even the professor, and it was just me here, all alone. She had given me the key when she saw that I wasn't finished with my painting and told me to lock up and leave it in her office when I was done.

That was four hours ago.

Now, I sat in front of three finished paintings. Well, more like I was glaring at three finished paintings. I was on the stool, my legs brought up to my chest and my head resting on my knees. The three paintings were set up on three different easels in front of me. I looked back and forth between each one, wondering how they could possibly be exactly the same.

Well... no. They weren't exactly the same at all. In fact, if you weren't me (which you're not) you probably wouldn't even notice a similarity between them. I, on the other hand, felt like they were mirror reflections. The first one, the one I did in class, was bright yellow-orange. A beautiful, molten-like eye stared back at me through the acrylic. The second was bright green and a pair of full, mouthwatering lips looked back at me with a smirk. And the third, the most questionable, was the suggestive curve of a back, the dimples at the bottom of the spine taunting me openly in a bright blood-orange.

So, why are these all the same?

Because, they're all Kenyen. Well, they're not Kenyen, really, as apposed to parts of Kenyen. His eyes, his lips, his figure, his everything. I couldn't get any of it out of my head. And thus, the three and a half hours extra I spent painting.

I sighed and stood up from the stool. Sitting here wasn't gonna do anything, and besides, I had to go to Mom's house for dinner, anyway. Stupid Nichole.

Slowly, I picked up each of the paintings and brought them over to the cabinet, locking them away. I was already ten minutes late for the dinner, and Nichole would probably have my head when I got there.

I picked up the key from the professor's desk and walked out the door, locking it behind me. The rest of the small building was empty, each other art class already done for the day or inactive. Just across campus was the building with every teacher's office. I walked down one hallway until I finally spotted the door labeled “Professor Fay”. She had told me to just walk right in. I was a little hesitant at first, I mean it was a professor's office and I was supposed to just barge right in?

I took a deep breath and shrugged. What the hell, she's the one who told me to do it.

Shoving the door open, I didn't have to look around to notice the middle-aged woman splattering paint across an already filled canvas. Her bright yellow jumpsuit was zipped up all the way with paint splatters run across in every direction.

She was bopping her head to music that I couldn't hear and I wondered briefly how her headphones didn't fall out with all the movement she was making. I stood there, not really sure how I was supposed to go about getting her attention.

After a few seconds I just gave up and hung the key on her doorknob. She still hadn't noticed me. I rolled my eyes and once again I was reaching for the handle.