Chapter Fourteen

OMFG, LOOK YEW GUIZE, I'M NOT DEAD.

Read forth, my lovies! Read forth and.... and..... uh..... oh shut up, just read <3

<><><><>

Kenyen leaned coolly against the side of his car. He didn't seem phased in the slightest, though my heart was pounding right through my chest. I stumbled out, onto the patient-pick-up parking lot, glaring back at an empty space, cursing Nichole's ability to run away so fast.

I looked back, expecting to see Kenyen still leaning against his car, but he was already inside, staring through the windshield absently. I swallowed the lump in my throat and made my way over to the passenger's seat. Kenyen wasn't even looking at me, and I was beginning to hope that he'd just drop me off and leave it at that. Hopefully, Nichole's own plan would backfire on her and then Kenyen would have to deal with her instead of me.

Although, dealing with Nichole is a good reason to do something you don't want to do. I mentally groaned. If Nichole planned this, then there was no way in hell Kenyen would be able to go against her.

Te car started and I looked over at Kenyen. His eyes were completely focused on the road in front of him, and his jaw was clenched tightly, showing off his sharp jawline. I swallowed again, my throat becoming strangely dry.

This is the one thing I was trying to avoid at all costs. If I wasn't part of this bet, then getting a boyfriend wouldn't have even crossed my mind. None of this would have happened, and I wouldn't be sitting here right now, in an awkward silence, with someone I could have been good friends with.

But that was just a petty excuse, and I knew it. The bet had nothing to do with this, and that's what scared me the most. The fact is that, even without this bet, this situation would have happened anyway. I don't know how, and I don't want to know how, but for some reason I couldn't stop myself from what happened.

But there was no way in hell I was going to admit that out loud. It was impossible. How could I, Jake Hanson – captain of the Junior Varsity, Varsity, and college league soccer teams – like a guy? I had girls throwing themselves at me, for crying out loud. It just wasn't possible. I was always attracted to girls. Dainty girls, thin girls, busty girls, leggy girls, tan, pale, dark – it didn't matter. So how can some 25 year-old man change all of that?

He can't, that's how.

This is how it's going to work. I'm going to continue with this bet. Kenyen is going to be my boyfriend. And then, after the month is over, everything will go back to normal. That's it. Plus, if I am attracted to him, then doesn't that made this bet even easier? It'll just be like experimenting. And isn't that what one does in college? Experiment?

I'll make the best of this month, and then once it's time, everything will be in the past. And that's that. Nothing more.

I sighed and leaned back against the leather seats. We were already nearing the campus, and still Kenyen hadn't said a word. I was starting to get agitated, and tapped my fingers against the door. It wouldn't even be this awkward, if the radio was on. Why wasn't the radio on, you may ask? Because, I have no idea how another person's car works. They're like foreign spaceships compared to my own car. Like, what is this?! This, this stupid little dial thing right here. What do you do? Turn it? Click it? Both?! Jeez, how is anyone supposed to navigate this thing?