From Rouge to Pet

Ahhhh! The sun felt so good in my fur! I was looking for Weredragons, I herd a while back that no one has ever seen if they are real or not, and since I am not doing anything with my life right now, I might as well search to see if they are real. First things first though, I was hungry as hell.

 My body shivered in delight as I stretched out on the green grass of a city's dog park. Yes! I was in a dog park, in my wolf form. I scare most people with my size, I mean I'm not huge, for a werewolf I'm actually very small, but compared to normal dogs I'm like a horse! Okay not really, more like a small horse. Haha! I love horses!

 You are wandering why I, a werewolf, am in a city park? I love kids! That, and if I shifted back I would have to stay naked because I shredded my last pair of clothes years ago. I have almost forgotten what my human side looks like I have been in my wolf form so long. Not that it bothered me, I felt free in my wolf form.  My tummy growled and I rolled onto my back. I hadn't eaten in days! That is the other reason I am here... Traveling, I have now run across a low forested area, with little catchable food to satisfy my hunger! Yes, I know poor me. I will give you a moment to feel bad for me. . . . . . . . .

 Okay, enough of that. I have searched through trash cans, dumpsters, and the city's garbage dump for crying out loud! So here I was, looking for a family who is willing to feed poor little ol' me, and I want to play with some kids. Just because I love the way their eyes light up when they are around animals. If I can't find a family to stay with for a while here, I will go to the pet shop down the street. Call me weird, or whatever, but I actually enjoy playing happy family dog.

 I'm lucky if I run into other werewolves, I'm one of the few wolves in each pack that can mask the fact that I am a werewolf, to other weres! Meaning they think I am just a large regular wolf. Hehehe sneaky little me.

 I had been here for hours sighing mentally, the pet shop it is. I made my way there on the crowded sidewalks, some people avoided me, some gave me sweet looks, while some stopped to pet me. Tail curld, ears forward, head high, I trotted across the street with a group of people and walked up to the shop. Looking in I saw little glass pens, free of tops so people could pick up the puppies, kittens, bunnies, and birds. When one of the employees saw me standing in front of the glass door she looked a bit shocked.

 I wagged my tail as she opened the door and let me in, I sat in front of her while she looked if I had a collar. "Hey there boy. Your a big fella arn't you. You a stray?" I licked her hand and she laughed softly, "You could use a home. Come on, lets get you cleaned up and trimmed in the back." I needed a cut, my fur was getting too long because I haven't cut my hair in my human form in a long time. My fur matched my hair, raven black. It appears to have a blue tint to it in the sunlight. My eyes were green.

 Though I was so dirty right now I looked brown. I let her lead me into a dog washing station, other dogs were getting groomed as well. Some of them snickered at my ragged appearance, yeah I can talk to other dogs. A Doberman laughed out loud as I passed and climbed onto the washing table "What the hell did you rolling? You smell worse than a skunk that was dropped in a pile of elephant shit!" The others all laughed at his comment.

 I snorted at him "Well at least I have a tail." His ears went down and he growled at me, I just stood there and let the lady wash my fur, she was good at it to! I read her name tag, Sally. "Hey! Hey! Dog! Where, w-where did you stray from!?" A small dog that looked like a shaking rat yelled at me from across the way. "No where in particular, I have just been wandering." You probably don't know this, but dogs were pushy by nature and wanted to know everything about anything.

 Sally finished rinsing my coat and took out a pair of clippers "Hey Sally! When you're done with that one put him in the front, we have to move Missy into the bigger pen, her and the puppies are a bit crampt." Sally yelled back to the person and continued to trim my fur, I was in pure heaven! I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of having a lighter coat. It had been getting shaggy.