Took you long enough.

Darkness, its not always a sign of evil, hate, fear, or madness. I was surrounded by a darkness that seemed to caress my body in a hold so gentle and kind it made me feel safe, protected, and maybe even loved.

 I found it hard to believe anyone could love me, I ran from my pack they were my family and I left because I felt I needed something more.

 A warm breeze filled with the smells of wildlife ruffled my fur. Slowly I opened my eyes and found myself in a grassy field heavy with morning dew. Flowers bloomed everywhere with butterflies of all colors and sizes fluttering about. A herd of deer bounded far to my right, to my left a family of black bears rolled in the grass digging for roots. I heard the distant roar of dragons somewhere behind me and the grunts of a moose.

 The warm breeze came back once more stirring my long fur and warming my cold body. Not a cloud in sight to mess with the seemingly never ending blue of the sky, though it was day the moon and stars were clear and shining brightly.

 A voice startled me as I was enjoying the feeling of peace, "Child." I looked up and saw a female wolf more beautiful than the moon on a clear, crisp night stopped not a yard from me. Her pelt reflected the night making her seem like a walking mirror. Her eyes as green as the fresh grass we stood on.

 She was large, very large. Her gental gaze made my body tingle, she radiated power. "Child, what is it you are doing hear before your time?" I blinked at her confused by her question and mesmarized by her voice.

 It sounded ancient, wise, and seemed to hold more than just her voice in it. Like a lot of wolves were talking all at once but hers was the strongest. Her eyes closed half way as took in my expression "I see, you do not know. Baily, my child. You are not dead, and yet you walk the my fields as if you were." Realization hit me in the chest. She was the moon Goddess!

 I quickly bowed my head to her "Lift your head little one, and return to your mate." I looked up at her, how could I return to him if I was dead?

 I paused as the wind brought back her earlier words You are not dead, and yet you walk the my fields as if you were... "You believe yourself dead. Go back to him, he is waiting for you." My body felt suddenly light as if I was fading.

 The field began to disappear and once again I was surrounded by a loving darkness. My heartbeat was heavy, but weak. I was breathing shallowly and my eyes were closed though I do not remember closing them. My chest hurt and was throbbing painfully. My whole body was stiff and it was hard to open my eyes but I managed. I was in Lyale's cave.

 The soft singing of the Fire Dancers was soothing and relaxing, the rumbling soft snores of Lyale's dragon caught my attention. Slowly I lifted my hand and pushed myself into a sitting position, I breathed deeply as I felt my heartbeat strengthen.

 I looked around and found Lyale's tail lieing in a circle around me, the singing quieted and Lyale began to stirr n his slumber. His ruby eye opened slowly and his black slit widened and covered nearly his whole eye before reverting back to the almost invisible line it usually was. In a lazy movement his eye glanced at me.

 His body froze as his eye widened, he was suddenly in his human form and his mouth was on mine. Hard and demanding but passionate and loving. I instantly reacted and wrapped my arms around his neck. When he pulled away we were both breathing heavy and I'm sure my face was flushed.

 His eyes were closed when he spoke "Do not ever. Ever. Die on me like that again." I didn't answer him, but insted gripped his hair and smashed our lips together again. He moaned and pushed me back onto the ground. Something furry touched my bare leg.

 I pulled away from him and looked down, sure enough my tail was currently hiding Lyale's naked lower half from my view. I blushed madly and felt my ears go back. Lyale chuckled and his hand rubbed my ears. "I love you." The words reached unexpectedly. My tail thumped on the ground as I attacked his mouth once again, his taste exploding on my tongue.

 I gasped loudly when his hand gripped my tail. My body whithered and my eyes rolled at the intense pleasure that overtook me. My mind was in a haze of ecxtecy the entire time Lyale made love to me. His eyes seemed to appear every time I closed mine. His gaze was intense, strong, and filled with love more powerful than the moon's hold is on earth's oceans.

 Unfortantately it seemed to end too soon, I cursed my weak body for passing out when I woke and I was alone in the cave forest.

 I found Lyale sitting in the sun on the cliff where I first met him and Cell. He watched me as I sat next to him with my feet hanging over the edge. "I love you too." Lyale smiled at me kissed me quickly. "I know." I returned his smile. I felt perfect sitting here above a fog covered forest in the middle of the moutains just enjoying the sun with my mate, who just happens to be a dragon.

 The breeze ruffled our hair and in it I swore I herd the voise of many wolves all speaking at once whispering "Be happy, my child."