Epilogue

I wipe the palms of my hands on my skinny jeans for the fourth time this morning. Why am I so nervous? It's just Simon. I've talked to him a million times before. This time is no different. Actually, it is different. I'm going into his office at his record label. That's a big deal.

I know I'm not getting signed over. I came in fourth place. Simon only signs the winner over. Matt already told me that Simon signed him over. It's been two weeks since the last episode of the X Factor. Louis and I are still dating. It's a little hard to do with the distance, but we've been handling it quite well,

I take a deep breath and knock on Simon's office door once. He tells for me to come in and I push the door open. Stop being nervous, Carter. Simon is sitting behind a big, brown desk.

"Hello, Carter. Please have a seat." Simon motions at the black chairs.

"Hi." I breathe, nervously.

"Do you remember your last video diary on the show?" Simon asks as soon as I sit down.

Is that why I am here? Was I not supposed to ask for my fans to vote me off? Maybe I didn't get voted off? Maybe I got disqualified and no one told me?!

"Yes, sir." I feel all the blood rush out of my face.

"That must have been a hard move. No one has ever done that before." Simon tells me. "Don't worry. You are not in trouble. I'm just saying that if you hadn't asked for that then there is a good chance you would have won."

"I didn't want to win." I blurt out.

"I know. That's why I am here to offer you something. Olly, come on in!" Simon raises his voice.

Olly? As in Olly Murs?

The door to Simon's office opens and Olly steps in with a smile on his face. What is he doing here? Olly leans down to give me a quick hug before plopping down in the seat next to me.

"Hi, love." Olly grins at me.

"Uh. Hey, Olly?" I glance from him to Simon, completely confused. "What's going on here?"

"I should probably just get straight to the point, yeah?" Olly looks over at Simon before continuing. "I'm going on a world tour in two days and I was wondering if you would be my opening act?"

My jaw drops to the floor. Well, not literally, but it would have if possible. I was not expecting something like that. The idea of Olly and I collaborating on a song crossed my mind first. Not being the opening act for him. That's huge!

"How is that possible? I'm not on a label." I frown, realizing that I can't do it.

Simon leans forward, resting his clasped hands on his desk. "That's where I come in. I wanted to sign you on my label from when you first auditioned. I understand that you came in fourth place, but I'm willing to sign you right now. Olly and I already talked to your mum and she have you permission."

I pinch myself on my arm to see if I'm dreaming. Nope. I'm awake.

"Yes." I answer without hesitation. "I'll do it."

"Excellent!" Simon grabs a stack of papers. "Let's do this then."

"You will need to pack as soon as you get home and I'll pick you up tomorrow." Olly tells me as we walk out of the record label building.

"Of course." I agree with a huge smile on my face.

"What do you think Louis will say?" Olly asks me.

Oh no. I forgot about Louis. This little distance is bothering me now. How am I supposed to deal with me being on the other side of the world? I don't think I can do that. I love being with Louis, but how could we make that work?

"I have to break up with him." I come to the conclusion.

"What?" Olly stares down at me. "Why would you do that?"

"I'm going to touring the world. I have to. I don't like long distance relationships. They never work." I explain to him, frowning. "He is going to hate me."

"Bye Olly!" I wave to him as he drives away from my house.

I dig through my bag for my house keys on my way up to my front door. My mum is at work today and Riley is out with Daniel. I texted my mum on the way home, telling her that I agreed to go on tour with Olly. She was really excited for me.

"Welcome home."

I jump in surprise and drop my keys on the ground. I spin around to see Louis, swinging on our porch swing. He has his normal skinny jeans on and a striped shirt matched with Toms. Louis stands up and picks up my house keys for me. I take them from him, biting my lip. I have to break up with him right now.

"Are you okay?" Louis analyzes my face, slowly.

A small sob escapes from my mouth. "I'm so sorry, Louis." I apologize.

I can't do this. I can't break his heart. Louis pulls me in a hug, not asking any questions. How am I supposed to break up with someone when I don't really want to dump?

"Louis, I am so sorry." I cry into his chest.

"It's okay." Louis rubs my back, trying to calm me down. "What happened?"

"Olly offered for me to be his opening act on his world tour. I told him yes." I clutch his shirt in my hands.

"Why are you crying? That's great!" Louis squeezes me tighter.

"It's going to last a year." I sob harder.

"Oh." Louis sighs. "We'll figure something out."

I shake my head. "No. I don't want to do that to you."

Louis holds me out at arms length. "What are you saying?"

"I want to break up until I come back. Long distance relationships never work." I whisper, willing myself not to cry anymore.

Louis's face falls. "What?"

"I'm sorry." I cover my face with my hands. "When I come back, we can date again. I promise."

Louis brings me back in his arms. "I'll hold you to that promise." He kisses my forehead.

•••••

Author's Note:

Don't hate me!!! It had to be done! You'll understand once I write the last chapter to SIUTK.

This is it. The end of this story. There will be a sequel. I can't tell it what it is called, but I can give you the title: Here To Stay (I may change the title)

Question...What was your favorite part of this whole story?

So, yeah!