Chapter 15

"Oh my god, Cher. This is it." I whisper to my new best friend.

Tonight we find out who is staying and who is going home. I am so unbelievably nervous. Yesterday, I hung out with Louis, Cher, and Niall because it was our free day. We were all nervous, but I was the worst out of the bunch. I was constantly staring off into space thinking about the next day.

And here it is.

I'm trying not to freak out. I truly am. It's so hard not to though. I mean, I find out if I'm staying on the show or not. It's so nerve wracking. I feel even worse then when I was singing in front of the judges the other day.

I don't want to go home. I've finally accepted that I want to stay here. I'm really going to try. I'm going to ignore what my dad ever said to me. I won't let anything bring me down. I just want to stay. I want to prove to my dad that I can sing and that he was wrong about me.

"It's going to be okay." Cher pulls me into a hug.

"But what if I go home?" I pace the room that we were placed in.

All the singers are in separate rooms based on their age. When we get called to the stage it will be easier. At the moment, Cher and I are the only ones in the teen room. Which is good, because I don't want anyone to see me like this. Ugh. I'm so nervous.

"You are way too talented to go home. The judges will send you through." Cher grips my shoulders, stopping me from pacing.

The door opens and more teenagers walk through. Cher pulls me over to a corner where we won't be bothered. I sit down on the floor with my back against a wall. I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. It's a good thing there are no cameras in here. They are probably all out by the stage waiting for us to come out.

"There you guys are." Louis and Niall makes there way over to us.

Cher grabs Louis's arm. "She's freaking out." She tells him, quietly.

Louis sits down next to me. "Talk to me." He takes my hand in his.

"I'm scared." I whisper, turning to face him. "I don't want to go home. I have three of the greatest friends. I don't want to leave now."

"It's going to be okay." Louis tells me.

"You don't know that." I look away.

"Group one to the stage." A voice says over the intercom.

It's starting.

A few girls walk out of the room together. The room turns quiet as everyone turns to look at the tv screen in the room. I watch as that group walks on stage. It's all girls under twenty five. They form a line on the stage. The girls are holding hands together with their friends.

Simon starts talking to the group on the stage. I look away not wanting to hear the rest. If I see who he tells is leaving, I'll get even more nervous. I bury my face in Louis's neck.

A few people in the room gasp. The rest start whispering to themselves. Don't look, Carter. Seeing all the sad faces will only make it worse on yourself. I must resist the urge to look up.

"Group two to the stage." The voice says over the intercom again.

The groups go by quickly and the room starts to empty. There are only a few girls and guys left. The next group to be called is group six. Which is the group Cher and I are in. I'm not prepared for this. I don't think I can do it. Cher is going to have to drag me to the stage. Louis starts rubbing my back in circles.

"Group six to the stage."

I stay frozen on the floor. I can't feel my legs. I can't do this. I just can't.