Chapter 35

"I called dibs on the apron!" I race through the house, trying to get away from Aiden.

We both want to wear the same apron tonight. We are helping all of the chefs cook dinner tonight. Zoey, one of the main chefs, said that anyone could wear the 'Kiss the Chef' apron. I called dibs on it first and then Aiden tried to steal it from me. So, I grabbed it and attempted to run away with it.

"But I want to wear it!" Aiden shouts at me.

"I don't care what you want!" I yell at him. "I'm the crippled one. I should have the cool apron!"

"You're not crippled!" Aiden chases me through the kitchen. "You are running through the house without yelling out in pain."

I pretend to fall on the ground. I grab my left ankle as if it was hurting me. A fake yelp escapes from my mouth. Aiden rushes to my side quickly. Is he really believing this? If I don't become a singer I should try being an actress. They get paid some pretty good money.

My ankle has actually stopped hurting. The show sent a doctor to come check up on it yesterday. He said that my ankle was a lot better and I could walk on it normally again. Apparently, all of the resting and having the boys carry me made it heal faster than normal. The doctor said I should still take it easy, but considering that I just ran through the house, I won't be taking it easy.

"Are you okay?" Aiden crouches down on the floor next to me.

"No." I clutch my ankle in my hands. "I think running through the house made it hurt again."

"I don't think that's possible." Aiden balances on his toes while remaining in a crouched position.

My eyebrows wrinkle together in confusion. "Why not?"

"Because you sprained your right ankle. You're holding your left ankle." Aiden stands up and snatches the apron up from the ground. "Nice try, though."

"Dang it!" I slam my hands on the ground.

Aiden smirks at me while putting on the 'Kiss the Chef' apron. He ties the strings around his back. How could I forget that it was my right ankle? I bet if I grabbed my right ankle Aiden would have believed me.

"Can you at least help me up?" I hold my hand out for him to grab.

"I guess so." Aiden grabs my hand and pulls me up.

"That apron will be mine." I tell him before heading to the living room.

"Don't count on it." Aiden smirks.

"How much do you want to bet?" I cross my arms and stop walking.

"Ten euros."

I stick my hand out in front of me. "Deal."

Aiden shakes hands with me. "Whatever you are planning, it won't work. This apron is mine."

"We'll see about that." I walk past him.

Aiden follows me as I walk into the living room. Okay. I have to make this believable. I stop right before I walk in the living room. Think sad thoughts, Carter. Hurt puppies. Losing Louis as a best friend. That one worked. Tears gather up in my eyes.

"You're going to cry? Really? That's not fair." Aiden complains.

I ignore him and step in the kitchen. Liam, Zayn, and Louis are goofing around. Zoey is talking to Craig and Pajie. Matt is washing his hands in the sink. Belle Amie is chatting to each other. I lower my head to the ground and purposely walk into Matt.

"Oops. Sorry Matt." I apologize quietly.

"Are you crying?" Matt dries off his hands and grabs my shoulders gently.