Thats life

Third POV

Elise and Emmett was sitting arguing over their baby Riley and if she could go outside yet.

"I don't think she should go outside just yet, give it some more time" Emmett says holding Riley while Elise was going threw the dresser to find the baby something to put on.

"I'm taking her to see my dad that's the end of story." Elise said taking Riley from Emmett and walking over to their bed and dress her.

" Elise said taking Riley from Emmett and walking over to their bed and dress her

Riley outfit

"Elise why can't you respect my decision for our baby?" Emmett ask trying to keep his anger in check.
"Right our baby, meaning that I also make the decision for her to and I think she should go and see my dad"
Elise was not about to back down and Emmett knew this but that didn't mean he wasn't gonna try.

"Elise just wait fo..." Emmett started but Elise snaps her head around to look at him.
"I can't wait, she can't wait, while she will have us forever she won't have Charlie forever one day he's gonna die and I want him to spend as much time as he can with her" Elise could feel the tears in her eyes but she knew they wasn't gonna fall.

When she had Riley her diet and body went back to normal, one of a vampire.

"Fine let's take her together" Emmett says seeing how sad his mate was.
He walked over and kiss her and then kiss her forehead before picking up Riley and putting her in her car seat.

"I'm sorry and I love you" Elise says and Emmett nods.
"I love you to"

Time skip

They pull up to Charlie house and Emmett gets Riley's car seat while Elise grabs the diaper bag and walk up to the door with Emmett behind her.

They walk in after Elise unlocks the door and they hear the tv going.
"Dad?" Elise calls out and Charlie gets up and turn to see them standing there.

"Wow I didn't know you was coming" Charlie says awkwardly and Elise chuckles at her father.

"Yea sorry I wanted to surprise you" Elise walks over to Charlie and hug him.

"And who is this?" Charlie ask after they pull away from the hug.
Elise grab Riley out the car seat.
She then walks over to her dad and put the baby in his arms.

"This is your granddaughter Riley Bella swan" Elise says as Charlie looks down at his granddaughter with the biggest smile ever.
"She look like you when you where a baby" he tells his daughter and Elise laughs as she snuggles closer to Emmett.

"So would you like to watch her for the weekend?" Elise ask and Charlie nods.
Elise looked closely at her father face and she could see all the lines in his face and the start of more grey hairs coming in on his head and on his face.

That made her sad knowing that she will walk the earth forever while her father will die soon from old age.
She wanted Riley around Charlie for as long as she could be.

Elise looks up at Emmett and see him already looking at her.

"I don't want him to die" Elise whisper so only she and Emmett could hear each other.
"I know babe but that's just life, enjoy him while he's still around" Emmett tells her and she nods still a little sad but she knows that her father had lived a happy life so far and it seems to get better with his granddaughter in his arms.

🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊