The Accident.

Isabella's POV.

I was walking in the hallway with my two best friends Leilani and Willow. I've been friends with them since the first day of high school as a freshman. 

I saw my "boyfriend" coming up to me and the girls. 'Why the quotation marks?', you may ask. Well...my boyfriend Nathan is very abusive.

I tried breaking up with him but he broke my ribs saying I'm only his. No one knows about this though. When he hits me it's in the places people don't see. So like my stomach, back and legs. I don't like wearing revealing clothes because I'm insecure about my body. 

"Hey babe", Nathan says while kissing my forehead. Gosh, I feel disgusting. "Hey Nate", I said while giving him the best smile I could ever give. 

Around people Nathan acts like a really caring boyfriend but that all changes when we're alone. He walked me to class with Leilani and Willow behind us.

❤ ❤ ❤

School ended like 20 minutes ago, and I texted my mom that I was going to the mall. I waited in line at Dunkin' Donuts while Leilani and Willow were at Starbucks. 

I prefer Dunkin' over Starbucks. I don't know why but I just do. It was my turn to go to the cashier but right when I was about to, a man cut in front of me. 

"Excuse me, but it's my turn you can't just cut the line like that", I said after tapping his shoulder. He looked at me and his eyes went up and down my body.

"Look kid I can do whatever I want", he said. " You can't jus-" Before I could finish what I was saying someone pushed me into the corner of the counter making me hit my shoulder really hard.

I really wish that doesn't bruise

By the time I got up to give him a piece of my mind, he was already gone. 

I got my iced Carmel latte with whipped cream and Carmel on top and started to head over to H&M to meet Leilani and Willow there. 

"Oooou Belles I think this T-shirt will look amazing on you! You should go try it on!", said Leilani. She was holding up a shirt that said 'I don't give a Uh'.

"Try these jeans too", Willow said. I nodded and took the clothes and went to the fitting room.

I put on the shirt and the jean but it was too big for me. "Yo Leilani", I semi-yelled out, "I need a smaller size for both". 

"Smaller? But isn't that your size?" Willow asked. 

It's true it is my size but I haven't been eating the way I used to I don't know why I don't.

"Uh- yeah, it is. I guess I just lost some weight", I yelled back. Leilani got me a smaller size and it fit.

I was looking in the mirror and I noticed I lost a lot of weight. 

"Come on out Isabella!" I heard both Leilani and Willow say. I went out and they both screamed. "Wow those jeans fit every curve on your body!" said Willow.

❤ ❤ ❤

It's been three hours since we shopped. I only got the shirt and jeans that I tried on earlier while Wills and Lei got a majority of clothes.

I felt my phone vibrate against my butt. I took it out and saw my Aunt calling me, I picked up and she gave me quite the scare. "Isabella you need to come home now, your parents got into a car accident." 

"What??!" I yelled. "I'm on my way!!" I hung up I told Willow and Leilani and they started driving me home. 

When I got home I saw my Aunt's car, one police car, and one car I didn't know of.

I got in and went straight to my aunt. "Are mom and dad okay?" I asked Aunt Macy

"Look Izzy I don't know how to tell you this but . . . your parents died."

I looked at my aunt in shock.

How can my parents be dead? 

They can't be. 

They've never even seen me graduate.

Without knowing, the tears gathered up in my eyes and started streaming down. 

"Hi I'm Jenna and this is Police Officer Kiles", said the lady who was sitting next to my Aunt. She stuck out her hand for a handshake and I shook it.

"We are both terribly sorry for your loss Isabella", said Officer Kiles. He gave me a sorry look.

"Since your parents have now passed you will now be moving to live with your brothers", said Jenna. 

Wait huh??!

 "Um I'm sorry but I'm an only child I don't have brothers", I said confused. "I thought you knew, you aren't Mr. and Mrs. Jones's birth daughter", said Jenna.

"When you meet your oldest brother he will tell you what happened since none of us know the story", said Aunt Macy.

After Miss Jenna and Officer Kiles left, Aunt Macy made me dinner but I just couldn't eat it. I just ran to my room and started to pour my eyes out.

 Aunt Macy tried to come in but I didn't let her since I hate crying in front of people. I think crying makes me look weak.

I was getting a lot of calls from Leilani and Willow but I didn't respond. I felt guilty for not picking up.

I was getting another call. Thinking it was either Willow or Leilani, I picked up.

"Hello?"

"You b*tch I was calling you, why the hell didn't you pick up??" said Nathan. "Sorry my parents just died, I didn't realize it was you calling", I responded.

"I don't give a frick, I want a date with you on Wednesday", he demanded.

I started to tear up a little, knowing this date isn't a actual date it's just him beating me and touching me in places.

"O-okay" I said. I hate stuttering especially with him. It some how pleases him. He then hung up the phone.

I looked at the clock and it said 1:08. Wow. have I been crying for 5 hours?

I heard a knock at my door, I quickly wiped away my tears "Come in", I said and Willow and Leilani came in with tears in their eyes.

They both came to my bed and wrapped their arms around me. Mom and dad were like second parents to Leilani and Willow.

 We stayed like that for about 20 minutes, when Willow asked me a question. "Hold up, Isabella you have BROTHERSS?" I chuckled at the way she screamed the word brothers.

"I guess I do. It's weird that I have brothers and that mom and dad aren't my birth parents." I semi whispered the last part.

Leilani and Willow both turned to me. "Huh???"

"Mom and dad aren't my real parents. I don't know what happened. Aunt Macy said that my eldest brother will tell me when I meet him", I explained to them.

Aunt Macy came in the room "Hey how you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm not okay, but I'll be fine. It's just I really miss them. They aren't gonna see me become the doctor I wanted to be or even have the chance to be grandparents", I said. Another tear escaped and slipped down my cheek.

She gave me a sad smile before saying "We'll have the funeral in two days and then the day after you'll have to go move to New York."

"NEW YORK??!" me and the girls yelled.

"Isabella I know it'll be hard but since your guardian will be your older brother you're gonna have to move there. I know you don't want to but it's for the best",  she explained.

"Wait what about Leilani and Willow though?" I asked. "You can call them every day if you want. I don't know if you can meet them because that's your brother's decision", she said while giving the girls a sad smile. 

She laid down on the bed with us. No one said a word. Eventually, we all fell asleep.

❤ ❤ ❤