Chapter 6: Ditching

((HEY. YOU GUYS ARE COMING AT ME FOR THE INCORRECT SPANISH, AND I'M SORRY. Idk why I thought it would be mostly accurate, and never will I ever do this again, because I've grown lol, but there's nothing I can do about it now so....)

Jasmine's POV
Mierda Jasmine, consígase juntos (shit Jasmine, get yourself together). What the hell is wrong with you? Oh god why are you talking to yourself in second person, not even in first?

I've known Ryder for two days. How is that possible when he makes my cheeks flush and my stomach create butterflies. This is not good. Nope not good at all. I shouldn't like the way my name sounds coming from his lips, or that when I look into his eyes I feel like I can see into his soul, or that when we touch my whole body gets an inviting warm feeling. Besides, while I'm trying to figure out how I could be so interested in him so quickly, he's probably just being nice. Friendly. The kind of guy I've noticed Ryder is. Everyone at school loves him, which means he's popular. He's practically irresistible with that brown hair and that black leather jacket. There's no way he goes long without having a girlfriend. A girl who he's interested in...why couldn't that be me. Wait a second, there is no way in hell that I just got jealous of a girl I don't even know existent, and wished to be the girlfriend of a guy I've only known, let me repeat this once more, two days.

I have to control myself. He doesn't like me, he's just being friendly. What he does to me, how he makes me feel, it can't happen. Even if he is interested in me, which I'm sure he isn't, it can't happen. These feelings are scary, they're coming too quickly and shit I'm falling way too fast just to have nothing catch me.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked him with a smile completely trying to ignore the fact that the sun was coming through his window hitting him perfectly.

"Well like I said before, you did say you wanted to get to know the town better," I swear if it's not the cutest thing that he remembers what I say, then I don't know what is, "I'm gonna take you two places. The first place is the lake. Luckily this is the warmest winter we've had so it should be nice."

"Why is this lake so amazing?"

"Well it's mostly just amazing to me but you'll see when we get there." He smirked and I was taken back because since when has a smirk become so attractive and make me want to attack his lips.

Ryder parked the car on a long trail that lead to lake. I couldn't really see the scenery from here but it already looks beautiful. We started walking up the trail and I tried to keep my distance. I couldn't risk accidentally, or maybe on purpose at this point, brushing against him and feeling that warm feeling again. It made me want to sink into his touch. We had almost made it to the lake but I stopped once we reached a pile of large rocks that needed to be slightly climbed over. I watched as Ryder easily got over due to his advantage in height.

"Yeah uh, it's not gonna be that easy for me." I said shaking my head.

"You're so small." He said with a teasing smile.

"Hey! Don't make fun of me. I'm not that short."

"I'm not making fun of you. It's cute." Butterflies began to form in my stomach and I bit my lip trying to hold back a smile.

"Here, I'll help you." He reached out his hand to me and suddenly every vow I made to myself not to make body contact was erased because I took it without being hesitant at all. I grabbed his hand in mine and he helped pull me up. Please don't let go, please don't let go. I mean if he didn't let go, what was the rush in me letting go? I really should but he's so warm and our hands fit perfectly and I like the way his touch makes me feel warm inside. Oh god, estoy batida (I'm whipped).