the satan pit 9.4

Everyone was pretty beat up about hearing about The Doctor falling into the pit, and the fact that there was no way for Nova or Ida to come back up. Although, no one was more heartbroken about it than Rose and Tate. Zach hung up the com, and then he turned to face the others. "Danny, Toby, close down the feed links. Get the retrotropes online, then get to the rocket and strap yourselves in. We're leaving" Danny and Toby got to work.

Rose and Tate looked at each other. The both of them were thinking the same thing. If there was a chance for the two Time Lords to return, they weren't going to leave them behind. "We're not going" Rose announced.

"Rose, Tate, there's space for both of you"

"We're going to wait for The Doctor and Nova" Tate explained. He and Rose looked at each other again. "Just like they waited for us" The two companions joined hands.

"I'm sorry" Zach started sympathetically. "But he's dead, and there's no way for her to come back up"

Rose shook her head, obviously not wanting to hear what Zach was saying. "You don't know them. 'Cause he's not. I'm telling you, he's not"

"And then, Nova" Tate carried on from Rose. "She's relentless. She doesn't give up. She'd find a way to come back"

Rose spoke again. "And even if he was, and if she was stuck, how could we leave them all on their own, all the way down there? No, I'm going to stay"

"Me too" Tate agreed with an affirmative nod.

Zach knew that there was no way of changing their minds. "Then I apologise for this" But he also wasn't just going to leave them behind. "Danny, Toby? Make them secure"

Toby grabbed Rose, while Danny grabbed Tate. "No, no. No! No! No! Let me go!" Rose squealed.

"Get off us! We're not leaving!" Tate protested.

Zach injected Rose with something first, and then he injected Tate. The both of them passed out. " I have lost too many people. I am not leaving you two behind" Zach picked up Rose and carried her over his shoulders, while Toby and Danny dragged Tate along. "Let's get them on board"

They went into the next corridor, where a bunch of Ood lay on the floor. Toby saw one of them twitch. "Did that one just move?" He accused. It's eyes were still red.

"It's the telepathic field. It's reasserting itself" Danny said.

"Move it. Get to the rocket. Move!" Zach hastily ordered. They kept on moving, ignoring the twitching Ood.

______

The Doctor landed at the bottom of the pit. The faceplate of his space suit had shattered upon contact with the ground. He woke up and then stood. He gasped in realization, and then took off his helmet. "I'm breathing. Air cushion to support the fall" He turned on his com. "You can breath down here, Ida. Can you hear me, Ida? Supernova, can you hear me?"

The Doctor closed his eyes. He attempted to reach out to Nova telepathically.

Supernova, if you can hear me, I want you to know that I'm alright. I promise I'll make my way back to you, and then we can get out of here, and see Rose and Tate again. I love you, my Supernova.

______

Everyone was strapped in on the rocket. Rose and Tate were still passed out. "Dislocating B clamp. C Clamp. Raising blu-nitro to maximum. Toby, how's the Negapact feed line?" Zach asked.

"Clear. Ready to go, sir" Toby assured. "For God's sakes, get us out of here!"

Rose and Tate started to wake. Danny noticed. "Captain, I think we're going to have problem passengers"