school reunion 3.2

At nightfall, the Tardis team, along with Mickey, broke into the school to continue their investigation. "Oh, it's weird seeing school at night. It just feels wrong" Rose said. "When I was a kid, I used to think all the teachers slept in school"

"Me too" Tate nodded. "And then when you saw them outside of school, it felt really awkward"

"All right, team" The Doctor cringed. "Oh, I hate people who say team. Er, gang. Er, comrades" The Doctor said and then he started giving direction. "Anyway, Rose and Tate, go to the kitchen. Get a sample of that oil. Mickey, the new staff are all Maths teachers. Go and check out the Maths department. Supernova and I are going to look in Finch's office. Be back here in ten minutes" The Doctor and Nova made their way to Finch's office, leaving Rose, Tate, and Mickey.

"You going to be alright?" Rose asked Mickey.

"Me? Please. Infiltration and investigation? I'm an expert at this" Mickey walked away but then he came back. "Where's the Maths department?"

"I know the way" Tate said. He turned to Rose. "Will you be alright in the kitchen by yourself?" Rose nodded in response. Tate then turned to Mickey. "I'll go with you down to the Maths department"

"Er, alright" Mickey shrugged. "Sounds good" He and Tate started walking down to the Maths department. "I'm Mickey Smith, by the way" He said once he realized that he hadn't properly met the man with him yet.

"Nice to meet you, Mickey" Tate shook Mickey's hand. "Tate Peltzer"

______

Sarah Jane Smith had also decided to drop in for a night business. She had heard noises and followed them into a storeroom. Instead, she wound up finding the Tardis. She backed out of the storeroom, and into the corridor where The Doctor and Nova were. She turned to look at them. 

"Hello Sarah Jane" The Doctor said.

"It's you. Oh, Doctor Oh, my God, it's you, isn't it. You've regenerated" Sarah Jane said.

"Yeah. Half a dozen times since we last met"

"You look incredible"

"So do you"

"I got old" Sarah Jane looked to Nova. "And you Nova, you're not human, are you?"

Nova smiled at the woman. "No, I'm not. I'm like The Doctor" The Doctor smiled down at Nova as he reached over to grab her hand. "I'm also a Time Lord. Well, Time Lady"

"What are you two doing here?" Sarah Jane asked them. 

"Well, UFO sighting, school gets record results. We couldn't resist" The Doctor explained. "What about you?"

"Same" Sarah Jane answered with a smile. Then her expression changed. "I thought you'd died. I waited for you and you didn't come back, and I thought you must have died"

"I lived. Everyone else died"

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone died, Sarah"

"I can't believe it's you" There was a scream. "Okay, now I can!"

Rose ran up to them. "Did you hear that?" She looked at Sarah Jane. "Who's she?"

"Rose, Sarah Jane. Sarah Jane, Rose" The Doctor introduced them.

"Hi. Nice to meet you" Sarah Jane smiled, shaking Rose's hand. Rose didn't looked to pleased about Sarah Jane. "You can tell you're getting older" Sarah Jane said to The Doctor. "Your assistants are getting younger"

"I'm not his assistant!"

"No? Get you, tiger"

"Rose, where is Tate?" Nova wondered. "I thought he was with you"