new earth 1.3

The Doctor approached Hame and Nova with two cups of water in his hands. He gave one to Hame. "That's very kind. There's no need"

"You're the one working" The Doctor said. He went over to the window overlooking the city where Nova was standing. He stood beside her and gave her the other cup of water.

"Thank you, Doctor" Nova smiled at him. 

"There's not much to do, just maintain his smoke. And I suppose I'm company. I can hear him singing, sometimes, in my mind. Such ancient songs" Hame said.

"Are we the only visitors?"

"The rest of Boe-kind became extinct long ago. He's the only one left. Legend says that the Face of Boe has watched the universe grow old. There's all sorts of superstitions around him. One story says that just before his death, the Face of Boe will impart his great secret, that he will speak those words only to one like himself"

"What does that mean?" The Doctor asked.

"It's just a story"

"Tell me the rest"

"It's said he'll talk to a wanderer. To the man without a home. The lonely God"

Nova suddenly remembered something. She reached into her bag and pulled out a phone. The Doctor was watching as she did so. "What're you doing?"

"I'm gonna call Tate. See what's holding him and Rose up for so long" she explained. The Doctor looked curiously at her phone. It wasn't like the phone that Rose had. It was bigger with a big screen on it. She turned the phone on and a holographic screen popped up in front of her.

"Where'd you get a phone like that?"  

"A friend gave it to me" Now The Doctor was curious. What kind of friend did she have to get a phone like that? The hologram popped up a page of contacts. She stuck her tongue out as she scrolled through her many contacts. The Doctor paid attention to some of the names that she passed.

Bruce Banner, Bucky Barnes, Clint Barton, Carol Danvers, Nick Fury, Scott Lang, Wanda Maximoff, Peter Parker, Tate Peltzer, Tony Stark, Stephen Strange, James Rhodes, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Sam Wilson

The Doctor obviously recognized Tate's name, but he didn't know who all the other people. What kind of adventures had Nova and Tate been on? The Doctor would have to ask about it later. Nova pressed Tate's name and the holographic screen disappeared. She put the phone up to her ear.

"Damn it, Stark" Nova muttered to herself. "You make making a phone call so tedious. What's wrong with a normal smartphone?"

______

"Look at me" Cass-Rose was still looking at herself in the mirror. "From class to brass. Although," She unzipped Rose's jacket, and ran her hands along her body. "Oh, curves" She started bouncing. "Oh, baby, it's like living inside a bouncy castle!"

"The mistress is beautiful!" Chip exclaimed.

"Absolutement!" Cass-Rose looked over to where her old flap of skin was. "Oh, but look"

"Oh, the brain lead expired. My old mistress is gone" 

"But safe and sound in here" Cass-Rose pointed at her head.

"But what of the Rose child's mind?"

"Oh, tucked away. I can just about access the surface memory. She's. Gosh, she's with the Doctor. A man. He's the Doctor. The same Doctor with a new face. That hypocrite! I must get the name of his surgeon" Cass-Rose went back over to the mirror. " I could do with a little work. Although nice rear bumper. Hmm" Cass-Rose then gasped in excitement. "Oh, and she's also met another new friend! Oh, and she is beautiful! Wouldn't mind walking around with that face for a day"