teddy bears and lockets

The TARDIS team decided to break at Rose and Jackie's apartment. Rose and Tate were in Rose's bedroom. Rose was digging through her closet, looking for her roller skates. Tate sat on her bed. He had his phone in hand and stared at the screen. He had found an address. To be more specific, he had found the address belonging to his father, Kenneth Peltzer. Back in the other universe, the other version of his father urged him to seek out the real version of his father. The one he hadn't seen since he was seven years old. Tate had found out that his father had been living in Germany.

"Hey Tate" Rose's voice knocked him out of his trance. He looked up at her to see her holding up two pairs of roller skates. "So, I found these two, but which ones do you think I should wear?"

"Huh?" Tate murmured.

"The roller skates? Y'know, because Nova and I are going to a roller rink in the seventies?" Rose reminded. "I like the pink ones because they go with the outfit I was going to wear, but then there's the blue ones that I like because they match the TARDIS"

"Oh, right" Tate pointed at the pink pair, though he couldn't care less about which ones Rose was going to wear. "The pink, I guess"

Rose could tell Tate was distracted. She sat down beside him. "Everything alright, Tate?" She asked, placing a comforting hand on his knee.

"You remember back in the other world? I told you about my dad, and then we met the other version of my dad?"

"Yep. Still quite fresh in my mind"

"Well, my other father told me to seek out my real father. So, since we returned from the other world, I've been searching for answers about where he might be. Then I found this" Tate gave Rose his phone so she could look at the address. "He lives in Germany now"

"Tate, this is wonderful!" Rose voiced her support. She gave him back the phone, and flashed a smile. "You know where he is. You could go see him"

"But Rose," Tate sighed. "What if he doesn't remember me? What if he does, but doesn't want to see me?"

"Tate, he's your father. Of course he'll want to see you" Rose assured him with a gentle squeeze of his knee. "If you don't decide to see him now, you're going to regret it. I know I'd give anything to have my dad with me again. Have a relationship with him"

Tate gave a small smile. "You know what Rose, you're right. I need to do this now, otherwise I know I'll never do it later"

"There you go!" Rose grinned. "I'm sure if you ask The Doctor, he'd be willing to take you"

"Actually, I was hoping just Nova and I could go" Tate explained. "It's just that this is a personal venture of mine, and I'd be more comfortable if it was just me and her" His eyes widened when he realized how rude that sounded. "Not that I don't trust you and The Doctor, I do. You two are practically family, but--"

"I understand, and I'm sure The Doctor will as well" Rose eased. She pressed a kiss to Tate's cheek, which earned a blush from the boy. "Come on. Let's go tell them. The Doctor and I will think of something to do while you're reuniting with your father" The two of them sat up from the bed and joined hands as they made their way to the TARDIS, which was parked in the living room.

______

The moment Rose and Tate entered the TARDIS, they were immediately greeted by the sight of The Doctor and Nova in a heated and passionate moment. Nova was sitting on the railing, her fingers tangled in his hair, while The Doctor was standing in between her legs and his arms were wrapped securely around her waist, which kept her from falling. They were kissing each other like their lives depended on it.