8

The ray of sunlight piercing through my window blinds shone upon my eyes. I stuttered my eyes open taking in my surrounding. I sat up and yawned slightly. I searched around for my phone. I found it under my pillow. I put in on and saw it was just few minutes past four in the evening.

After I had Brunch around noon. I took a nap. I didn't sleep all through. I was up on facetime with my friends in Newark so it took a toll on me. I slept for about three hours or so and it helped.

I got out of bed and stretched a little. I head to the bathroom to relieve myself and rinse my face. I returned to my room, grabbed my phone and headed out.

Just as I was heading down the stairs, i heard Nayla giggle. I smiled to myself. I can only imagine what she's up to. I got to the living room and my smile fell. I didn't expect who i saw.

I haven't seen or heard of him since the other night at the restaurant. I never expected him to be here. We haven't even talked that much so his presence here is something i cant quite understand. Both of them were still engrossed in whatever they were watching on her iPad.

I cleared my throat to make my presence known.. He was the first to look up. He got up from his seat quietly causing Nayla to look up also. She glanced at me and smiled back before concentrating on whatever she's doing.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"We were never able to finish our discussion the other night" I folded my hands on my chest and rolled my eyes at him. Last time i checked, it wasn't my fault. I try to stay as civil as possible.

"There's nothing else to say, i said everything I needed to say the other night."

He sighed "I'm sorry about the way I acted the other night. I.. I.. finding out I had a daughter all this while and not knowing about her made me see red.. I couldn't think properly..I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself " He said sincerely. I know him too well and I know if he was telling me the truth. I nod my head slightly.

"Mommy can I get some Capri sun " I heard Nayla say. We turned to her and saw her staring with those cute puppy eyes.

"Where's aunt Debby?" I asked. I know she had to be home somewhere. We were the only ones at home.

"In her room"

"Alright go meet auntie Debby and tell her you want some Capri sun " She got off the couch and stood beside Saddam. She stretched her iPad to him "can you hold this for me please." She said softly. His face lit up instantly. He glanced at me briefly and I smiled.

Looking at the both of them now is something I've always imagined. They look so Identical. I mean it's crazy how two people can look the same. I'm literally seeing Saddam's younger version in her. It's a cute sight to behold. He collected the iPad from her and she ran past me. I chuckled as she did.

"She's gorgeous" he said bringing back my attention. I sat on the couch beside him. He sat back down "That she is " I smiled.

"When did you get here" I inquired

"Almost an hour ago...your sister let me in. I begged her to let you rest. And then I met Nayla sitting here. At first she wasn't going to talk to me or anything but I commented on her game and we started talking. She's a smart kid " he remarked, smiling to himself.

"Look Nessa, I know I acted like a complete jerk the other day. I really apologise. Everything I said that night was... I never meant any of it. I'm sorry I came at you in that manner. I really felt stupid after everything. And I'm sorry for disrespecting you. You didn't deserve that "

"It's alright Saddam. You also deserve an apology. I shouldn't have kept her away from you all these years. That was so selfish of me"

"You shouldn't be. All you thought you were doing was for the best and thank you for at least having my best interest at heart..."

"But at least, there should have been another way to handle the situation back then. I was scared, embarrassed, I didn't know what to do and I never wanted to put you in an uncomfortable setting.. if I could really go back in time... I swear I would do things differently " I said in all honesty.
I really do feel bad. I sat and thought about everything he might have felt and I would've felt worse

"Vanessa please stop blaming yourself. All of that is in the past now. Why don't we just set up another meeting. We have a lot to talk about"

I nod slightly " I guess we can work something out "

Ouchhh.. Quite short? Yes I know... it's not quite easy writing this chapter. Like I said I'm really not getting the inspiration to go on but for y'all sakes I'll try to complete the book. Just few chapters left and we're done... pls continue voting and comment 💖