6

"What you're  telling me now is that that man is Nayla's  dad and he is a married man " I nods my head to answer my mother's question. 

Saddam left over an hour ago. I'm  now in my mom's  room. I explained  everything  to her. 

"Why would you have to sleep with a married man. You caused all this  yourself" I  can't believe  my own mother is judging me also.  Didn't she hear everything  I just said

"Mom you're judging me too ? He was not married when we had sex "

"But you knew he had a fiance yet you went along. You knew he was getting married in few days . Why would you do something  so stupid. I thought I installed  morals in you . You knew the reason why your father and I divorced, you knew it was because of another woman.  Why do you want to be that other woman?"   Tears rolled out my eyes.

"Mom it was a mistake okay, I was tipsy, I didn't mean for this to happen. That was  the same reason why I left. I didn't want to ruin his marriage.  I couldn't tell him about Naylaa " my mom sighed.

"What are you planning to do now ?"

"Nothing. I'm still going back to Newark I can't stay here . You saw how he acted  today "

"You're  still running away from your problem  just like you did the first  time "

"What do you expect me to do "

"Face it... Stop hiding. Stop running.  This man is this girl's father. It is very obvious. He deserves a chance In her life . She need her father. She's still quite young but trust me she would ask of him . I never stopped you from seeing your father so why stop yours "

"Mom this is not as easy as you think.  He has a life of his own so do I..."

"So does Nayla. She too has a life, a life where a father should be included. "

"Mom I don't know what to do. Really I'm confused.  This is too much for me to bear. All of this . I can't mom. I can't deal with it"

"These  are your problems  and you can't help it,You have to deal with it. Stop running away. Only you can fight this.  I think the both of you should just  grow up and deal with it.  We have a little girl who's depending on the both of you "

"Now I know where Nayla's looks came from " I cracked a smile. " and you said that guy is Nigerian " she rose a brow asking again

"His dad is a shauwa Arab while his mom is from Egypt. "

"No wonder... The both of you  needs to act fast.  I don't want my grand baby getting hurt "  I nod and hugged her briefly. 

" I think you should go  with what Mummy said.  He found out about the big secret.  I think what's left now, is that both  of  you sit and talk like matured adults. You have to think of Nayla now"  Lola said.

"But what about his wife.  How would I face her. She was my friend in a way"

"Fuck that.   This is your child we're  taking about. You and your child's  father need to find a solution  to this problem.   It's time for you to relieve yourself  of this burden you've  been  carrying for years." I sighed.

"I really hope all of this goes well.  I just want peace to reign."

"Well it's up to you to do that.  Both of you really need to talk. "  I nod.

"I know.. thanks dear."

"Anytime honey.   Just let me know how everything  is.  Kiss Nayla  for me .  I love you guys."

"I love you too "

I decided to text Hassan. I asked him to help send Saddam's  number.  He did.  I texted Saddam  and told him we needed to talk.  I sent him and address and time and he replied with a simple okay.

*****

I saw him as soon as i stepped  in the restaurant .  He noticed me as well i saw the frown he had on. I know this wasn't going to be easy,  i just hope we talk like matured adult that  we are.  That is why i arranged  this meeting and in this restaurant.  I  believe Saddam  might at least control his anger

"Good evening " I  greeted when i got to him. He didn't reply or say anything. I sighed and took my seat in front if him

"I'm sure you have some questions to ask, so feel free ask anything and please  let's try to  be civil  " i said calmly

He gave me  the most spiteful look ever .

"Don't tell me what to do.  Let's cut this bullshit, you know what I want to know,  why did you hide my daughter away from me?"

I sighed "I saw you and Hafsa, I saw how much you guys loved each other, I saw how perfect you guys were.  I don't want to ruin that,  so i just kept quiet" he scoffs

"When did you find out you were pregnant?"

"A month  later, you already left for your honeymoon, even if i wanted to tell you, I couldn't .  How should I explain it, how should i start telling every one that I was pregnant  with your child.  How did you expect me to face your wife and tell her, I was pregnant  with her husband's  child, how would you expect her to feel. Saddam you guys just got married barely a month,I was her friend in a way, how should i start explaining that  "

"Those questions are not mine to answer. If you were ready to sleep with me,  you should also be able to accept the consequences.  You know what someone with common sense would do, she would pick up the phone, call me and inform me that she was pregnant  and we would find a solution  to the problem"

I was starting to get annoyed.  He's getting irritating and very annoying.  I'm trying to be civil here and talk but he's throwing insults at me. What the actual fuck

"You  really need to stop these insults, it's starting to get aggravating.  I would not allow you talk to me in that manner"

"Oh you really think I should respect you, after everything you did?"

"Fuck it... I see you wanna throw shades, go on fool but i ain't gonna stay here and watch you trash talk.  You don't wanna act like a man , that's on you "  I got up and left out angrily

"Vanessa wait" I heard him call but I paid no mind and walked out of the restaurant

Fuck him if he thinks he can talk to me in that manner.