Chapter 21.

I couldn't tell Justin the truth.

I couldn't do that to his career. Justin has so much going on with the new album and the new tour coming up. He's always running off to this and that and a photo shoot here an interview there, there was never a free moment that he held to himself. How could I worry him more with thoughts about me? I can't. He would always ask me if I was okay and he would be up my ass 24/7. His mind and body would be stretched to the max and eventually he would snap. Snapping would create bad publicity and that would put even more stress on him. For Christ's sake he isn't even 18 yet!

On the other hand I could tell Justin and things would go on like they do normally. There's a part of me that wants to tell him so bad, so, so badly, but how would that affect everything?

"Justin.." I started, my mind was unclear and I was beyond confused. Beth advised me not to tell him, but hell what does she know, telling him would be the right thing to do. If it doesn't turn out okay, then it isn't the end, right?

He tapped his foot, anger and sadness clear in his raspy voice."I'm waiting Carter."

A deep breath of air left my lips and- "I'm not hiding anything."

The words slipped from my lips faster than you can say butter and I was really in for it now. My better judgement got the best of me and I want what is the best choice for Justin and Justin's career. That's what is on the line here. Besides, how would his fans react if it got out to the media? People already hate me, I do not even want to think about what they would say if they found out that I was pregnant with their idol's baby.

"Carter..I-" He let out a sigh. How could I have been so stupid? "I want to trust you. I really, really do, but I just can't. Not with they way you've been acting. Honestly, you used to tell me everything and now you can't tell me what's wrong or some big secret? How do you expect me to trust you if you can't trust me?"

I shook my head. "I don't, but if I was keeping something from you, it would be for the better."

"I don't care what you think is for the better! We are married! You can't be keeping things like, whatever it is, away from me, much less be lying about it! I thought I could trust you!"

"You can trust me Justin!" Nothing was fitting. No words could make what I was doing seem right in his eyes and he doesn't even know what I'm doing. "I-..Just, trust me okay?"

I could tell that his walls were being built back up and he wasn't letting his emotions get in the way. "Carter. I want to trust you. I really do. But I just can't. I know you're hiding something, so why can't you say it?"

"I want too, but I just-"

"Don't you dare say that you can't do anything! You just don't want to! Whatever you're hiding from me mustn't be that big of a secret if you've already told that bitch Selena who can't keep a secret!"

My blood boiled and something inside me snapped. Into pieces. "That bitch happens to be my best friend who isn't freaking out on me to tell her something that I don't want to! That bitch is your ex girlfriend. That bitch is someone who cares! That bitch is someone who I can trust with my life, and I want to trust you too, but right now, you've pinched my last nerve!

"I told you I would tell you when I was ready and you keep pushing me! It's only been a few hours since I last forgave you and now you've made me even more mad than I was before. Just I can't right now. Not with everything. I just. Can't." Tears threatened to spill over my heated, flushed cheeks but I refused to let them flow. I refused to let them show every emotion I was feeling. I wasn't going to let it happen.