Chapter 20.

-Justin-

"Carter?" I hummed, running my fingers through her hair.

She looked up at me through her thick eye lashes, those gorgeous blue orbs staring back at me. I took it as a sign to continue. "I love you so much."

"Justin if this is going to turn into a big apolo-" I cut her off with a shake of my head.

"No. I am going to tell you how I feel and I'll be damned if I don't." She put her head back on my chest and absentmindedly drawing imaginary shapes on my abdomen. "Thank you babe. But we've been married for what? A few months and we've already gotten into a few squabbles over the stupidest things and we've gotten into the  biggest fights over things that could define our relationship but yet we fight on.

"We continue to break each other's walls down and then build them back down again. If we don't have trust then we don't have a damn thing. Of course I trust you and I hope you trust me but I feel like we aren't being honest with each other anymore. I feel like we're holding back. I love you so much and I never want to lose you so I'm going to be completely honest right here and right now. I was stupid yesterday. I don't know what I was doing. Ryan and Chaz wanted me to drink and I told them I didn't want to because I promised you but yet I still did... You're my everything and I almost fucked it up. Babe you're my everything and you always will be." I kissed her cheek and I felt a hot, salty tear meet my lip.

"Justin..." Carter mumbled into my chest, wrapping her arms around my waist, giving me a firm squeeze. "Thank you.."

"What are you thanking me for? I should be thanking you for not giving up on me...." I chuckled nervously. I was clearly confused.

She laughed. "Always thinking of other people, eh? But no.. I'm thanking you for loving me unconditionally. For treating me with respect and never giving up on me. I have out you through so much but yet you're still here. I know how much I mean to you and like I said before, it scares me because if I mess up it could throw you off the ledge and leave me here, struggling alone. I want nothing more for us to be happy and live happily ever after, but of course, this isn't a fairy-tale. Life doesn't always work in your favor and lately it has been throwing us a couple curve balls. But they are just bumps in the road and we get through them. Will get through them. Thank you for never giving up Justin. I love you so much.."

I felt hot tears drip onto my chest and then, I noticed that I had been crying again too. She cuddled up to my chest and kissed the spot right over my heart. "I hope I'm always in there."

For the next few hours we laid in bed sharing sweet, chaste kisses, and telling each other how much we meant to the other. I have never laid my heart out on the floor like I have to Carter. I hadn't realised how much she really meant to me until today. Right now I need nothing more than her.

-Carter-

I looked up and met Justin's gaze. There was something in his eye that I couldn't place but for now I was okay with that. I was okay that there was some mystery behind him. He leaned down and pulled my chin up. Our lips met and, as cheesy as this sounds, it felt like the first time we kissed.

FLASHBACK

I giggle, trying to block my face with my hands. "Justin!" I say again. I fight back for the whip cream, trying with all my might to at least knock it out of his hands.

I succeed...but the can begins to roll...falling straight down the pier and onto the roaring waters below.

Justin's still on top of me. We're both covered in whip cream, me more than him. We can't seem to stop laughing, unaware of the position we were in.