Chapter 5.

Written by @xSnowKiss

• Carter •

"It was amazing!" I exclaim as I flop down on the hotel bed, phone to my ear. "It was the most fun I'd had in ages!"

"I bet." Selena giggles from the other line. "Just don't get pregnant, you hear? I don't need a dozen Justin Juniors running around all over the place."

I bite my lip. "I don't think you need to worry about that, Sel."

There's a short pause. "You guys haven't..."

"Nope." I sigh, tapping my index finger on my thigh.

"Why not?" Selena asks. "Is Justin-"

"It's not Justin." I cut her off. "It's me. I'm just....not sure I'm ready."

"Oh." Selena stays silent for a second. "You're a-"

"Virgin." I finish, shrugging. "Pathetic, huh?"

Selena chuckles. "You're not pathetic, Carter. I'm a virgin too."

"You are?" It's hard to hide the surprise in my voice.

"Yup." Selena admits. "My family's somewhat religious. We believe in sex after marriage. So is Justin's."

I run a hand through my hair, releasing a sigh. "Maybe I am ready. I'm just...scared."

"Just be patient with yourself." Selena advices. "You'll lose that fear eventually. And when you do, remember what I said about not wanting a dozen Justin Juniors-"

"Selena!" I giggle.

She laughs. "I'm sorry. Just a warning."

Even though she can't see it, I rolled my eyes. "I'll call or text you tomorrow." I tell her. "I smell like salt water. I think I'm gonna take a quick shower before Justin gets back."

"Have fun!" Selena singsongs. "But not too much fun!"

"Whatever!" I laugh as we both hang up.

Smiling to myself, I slide off the bed and make my way to bathroom. Humming a random tune, I turn on the shower as I begin to strip. Making sure the water wasn't too hot or cold, I step into the hotel's tub. The water instantly warms me, running down my body and washing away that salt water smell. Still humming, I grab the soap and begin to scrub it all over.

Ten minutes later, I'm feeling refreshed. I turn off the shower and reach out for a towel. My hand feels around the toilet and sink but there's nothing. No sign of a towel.

"Shit." I curse. A normal person would call for someone to bring them a towel, but since Justin wasn't here, I had no one. Another option was too make a run for it and hope no one would see me. I mean, it's not like anyone was in the room besides me, right? But being me, I hate taking risks, so I resort to my last and final option. The shower curtain.

Carefully, I take down the shower curtain and wrap it around myself as I continued to curse beneath my breath. Why me? With water dripping from every part of my body, I hold the curtain to me and silently make my way out of the bathroom. I pry open the closet and reach for the first towel and sight.

"Problem?" A familiar voice startles me. I manage to drop the towel and I feel the curtain slipping from my body. I scatter to keep it on, holding it tight.

"Justin." My face goes red. "You're back."

Chuckling, Justin holds up two delicious-smelling boxes of Pizza. "I'm back." I feel his eyes scan over my body as he continues to chuckle. "Nice outfit."

I blush. "I, um, forgot a towel."

"I see." Justin smiles. "It looks nice on you."

"Don't joke." I snap, still feeling embarrassed.

"I'm not." Justin claims, taking a step toward me. "You're beautiful." He begins to lean into me but I stop him, holding him back with my index finger.

"I'm gonna go dry up and change." I inform him.

"Mhmm." Justin responds, a look of disappointment on his face.

With a roll of my eyes, I step back into the bathroom and close the door behind me.

• • •

I flop down on the hotel bed, a pizza slice in my hand.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" A ask Justin as I take a bite out of the pizza slice, the cheese melting on my tongue like a piece of heaven.

"Watch a movie," Justin shrugs, leaning back and draping his arm around me. "Eat pizza and cuddle."

I giggle, burying myself into him. "I like that sound of that."

Justin only smiles and begins to flip through channels, finally stopping on some HBO movie. I didn't get to read the title but it was obviously some kind of romance. A couple, a blonde women and some tan, muscular man were making out in a bedroom. I felt the air between Justin and I slowly begin to become awkward. As the tv couple begin to rip at their clothes, I reach over and click the tv off.

Justin and I stay silent for a while before he speaks.

"Why did you turn it off?" he questions.

I shrug, silently munching on my pizza.

"I told you we won't do anything until you're ready." Justin whispers. "Don't let scenes like that make you feel uncomfortable."

I bite my lip, putting my pizza aside. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I-I don't know." I admit, blushing. "Maybe because I am ready."

The look of confusion is clear on Justin's face.

"Justin, I..." Chewing on my lip, I scan his body from head to toe. "I want you."

"You wa-" He isn't able to finish his sentence. My lips are crushing his and I'm pulling him closer to me. He's surprised but kisses me back, placing his hands on my waist and keeping me close. Pushing aside whatever fear I had, I let myself pull off his shirt, my fingers running over his small but defined abs.

Justin stops kissing me, placing his forehead against mine.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I, um, nothing..." Justin stammers, his face reddening.

Curiously, my eyes make their way down to the bulge that had formed on his pants. A chuckle escapes my lips. It was nice to know I had that effect on him.

"Don't laugh." Justin frowns, trying to casually place his hand over his crotch.

"I'm sorry." I apologize. "But I couldn't help it." I take his hand and place it back on my waist, meeting his lips again. I can feel my nerves coming back when Justin begins to tug at my shirt. Pushing them aside, I let Justin take off my shirt as I pull the covers over the both of us.

Whatever fear I had, it was gone and replaced by confidence, love, and the fact that I was as ready as I'd ever be. Justin was the one. He'd always been the one. It wasn't our marriage that proved it, but this night. This night that brought us closer together than we'd ever been before.

The whole time I was thinking about something my mom, or the lady I thought was my mom, had told me a long time ago.

"Don't wait for the perfect moment. Take the moment and make it perfect."