Oblivion

„Uncle.." did he hear everything?
„Hello my name is Wooyoung I am a friend of Haewon."
„Nice to meet you I am Haewons uncle.Thanks for being there for our girl." he said and smiled at him.
At least he likes him...my parents were always against it that I meet him....

„Haewon come on we need to talk.I would like to invite you in Wooyoung but I need to talk to her about something important.I would be glad if you visit us someday."
„Sure I will.See you in school." I nodded and Wooyoung went home.

„Uncle I-„
„Let's go inside." my uncle made me a coffee and sat down next to me at the table.
„What did you hear outside?"
„Everything..."
„Listen uncle you don't need to be bothered by it-„
„How could I not?You like my own daughter, I care about your happiness.I always thought you want to take over the company because it's your dream.But now I get to know that your dream is completely different and you are forcing yourself to take care of the company."

„That's not true.How could you say I am forcing myself it was the company of my father.It was his everything I can't just throw it away."
„No Haewon....you were his everything.He loved you more than anything.When I worked with your dad he would always dump his work on me so he could go home to his little daughter who was always waiting for him.Sometimes it really made me angry that I have to do all the work but I was happy for him and I wanted this happiness to last.

„Your dad wouldn't want you to do this decision.Please Haewon take part in this competition.It's your chance.Show the world how talented you are."
„But then I would do the same thing as my father.Dumping all the work on you.You always said you can't do this anymore and wanted me to grow up quickly and take over."
„That was a lie my dear.I loved working there but, I wanted to give you assurance that I am not greedy about this position if you want I would leave the company right now."
„I would never think something like that." I was shocked that he had thoughts like this.It never once crossed my mind.

„See where is the problem then? Follow your dream Haewon your parents will be proud of you.I will take care of the company.No I want you to let me take care of the company.Because that is my dream now.
„Uncle..." I was so torn about what to do.
„If you still can't believe me take this USB."
„What's inside this?"
„The love of your parents for you."

I went into my room starting my laptop and plugging in the usb.
I opened the file and it were videos about...me?
„Look here Haewon."
„My daughter is so beautiful." it was my mom filming me when I was little, dancing ballet.
„My daughter looks the prettiest when she dances."
My dad said.
All videos were about me dancing.
„Haewon Let's make a promise."
„What promise?"
„My daughter looks the prettiest and happiest when she dances.So promise me you will fulfill your dream about becoming a famous ballerina, no matter what happens."
„Hm....alright I promise."

I totally forgot about it....my parents always smiled watching me dance.

I thought a lot about it in my room until I made a decision and left the room.I went into the living room where everyone was waiting for my decision.
„Uncle I decided....I want to become a famous ballerina.I want you to take over the company."

Everyone started smiling and came towards me hugging me.
„I love you guys so much." I said.
„We love you too." my aunt said

I think I am changing slowly and I started to love myself even if it's just a little bit. But just like my doctor said I need to take small steps to move forward.

I was laying in my bed looked up the ceiling i couldn't sleep.I grabbed my phone and called Wooyoung.

"Hello?" he sounded asleep.
"Oh were you already sleeping? I am sorry."
"No I wasn't seleeping.Is everything ok? It seemed serious at home."
"I had a talk with my uncle....he really persuaded me."
"Persuaded you?"
"Yes... I am gonna participate in the competition."
"You serious?" He literally screamed through the phone so I had to remove the phone from my ear."
"Why does it sound like you are more excited than me?"
"Of course I am."
"Thank you so much Wooyoung."
"You don't need to thank me.I wanted you to dance again more than anyone."
"I know that." we didn't change a word for a while.

"When is the first round?"
"In two weeks.We will compete and whoever wins the finale will be the best in Korea and..."
"And?"
"And you will get the chance for the world cup."
"That's wonderful! You have to win this."
"Why? You want me to disappear from here?" I said joking.
"You know that's not true."
"I know.....I want to tell you something." I had the urge to tell him this.
"What is it?"
"I love you Wooyoung.....I love you so much....Good night."
I hanged up.

Wooyoung P.O.V

"I love you Wooyoung.....I love you so much....Good night."
Why did she confess so suddenly? My heart is beating like crazy.

I laid down again and couldn't resist to smile.
"So cute....Thank god she hanged up otherwise i would have confessed too."

The reason I can't confess to her....

~Flashback~

We arrived at Haewons home.
"Then see you tomorrow." I said.
"Wait Wooyoung. I have something to tell you."
"What is it?"
"Not now...I will tell you on the day of my competition."
"Alright.I will wait." I smiled.I could guess what it was.But I will wait until she wins.Then I will confess.
"Haewon.Hurry up and come in."Her parents  said waiting at the door.They weren't really happy to see me.
"Go now Wooyoung, see you tomorrow." She said and rushed inside....

The next day

I was waiting at a coffee shop in Haewons neighbourhood.Her dad called me.I was wondering what it was about.They never really liked me.

"Thanks for waiting." Her dad said and sat down in front of me.I greeted him and sat down again.
"I didn't know what you like so I didn't order-" I said.
"That's not necessary.I will leave after saying what I have to say."
My hands were sweating.
"My daughter....seems like she likes you a lot....What about you?" I was suprised by his question.But I will answer truthfully.
"I like her too....very much."
"I see....I am here to tell you...stay away from her.I don't like my daughter hanging around a guy who goes around being vioent and having wounds all over his face.What if one day you are violent towards my daughter?"

"I would never do that!" How could he think like that?I would never do something so horrible.
"Well you can't control your anger and get into fights.When I leave my daughter next to you, she will always be worried about you.I want someone who has a sense for responsbility by her side.
I am warning you.I can't remove you from her side as a friend but if you try being more than a friend I won't sit back and watch.So handle it carefully if you want to meet her as a friend...

~flashback end~

Her parents never liked me.I had no choice than dumping her.And now I can't tell her why I dumped her.She is finally healing from her scars, I can't make it worse.She doesn't know about it and it can stay this way.Living not knowing something like that happened around her.It's the best choice.

Oblivion; The state of being unware of what is happening around you.