Epiphany

Two days passed yesterday was the competition for group B.
„It's decided everyone...Kim Jisoo is the winner of group B."
Like promised we will meet in the final.
Our final competition will be tomorrow.

I couldn't stop practicing.I have to win especially against her...
I stopped for a while to take a sip of water but I was surprised.Someone was sitting there.

„Oh my god Wooyoung you scared me!"
„I called your name so many times you were so immersed that you didn't notice me so I just sat down and watched you practice."
„I am sorry I was in thoughts."
„Look at your shoes they are totally worn out."
„Don't worry I have an another pair for the competition."

„Come on let's go out."
„Where?"
„On a date." he said.
„W-wait I will change my clothes quickly."I never moved so quick.
„Take your time." Wooyoung said.We left and got into his car.
„Where are we going?"
„To let out your stress?"I couldn't guess where...

„Arcade room?...."
„Why you don't like it?"
„Are you kidding I always wanted to come here."
„Why didn't you come with Haru?"
„He didn't like it here.You know him, he is too mature."

„Omg isn't that the VR thing?" I asked and he laughed.
„Yes it is."
„Let's try it out."

„Woo be careful on your right! shoot!"
„Haewon shoot! What are you doing you missed him!"
It was so much fun I screamed, laughed until I couldn't breathe.

„How are you feeling?"
„So good it's like all my stress disappeared."
„That's good." I held his hand.
„Hae-„
„We are just holding hands it has no other meaning so...let's just go.I am hungry."
He held my hand tighter and nodded.

We went to eat something and shopped.I even chose clothes for Wooyoung.
„It was so much fun." He brought me home and we were still holding hands.
„You will do well tomorrow.I am sure so don't worry about anything and sleep tight."
„I will you know...I don't take the pills since a few days.I can sleep peacefully now." He smiled and pulled me for a hug.
„I am so relieved...That's good. I am so happy."
I hugged him back but it didn't last long because I heard a familiar cough.

„Uncle."
„We all wanted to visit you Sis!To wish you good luck for tomorrow.We even bought your favourite cake."
„Wooyoung was your name right?" my aunt asked.
„Yes aunt.Nice to meet you."
„Come on in we prepared dinner." I smiled and looked at Wooyoung.
„Come on." I said and he nodded.

We went inside and sat down on the table.
There were so many dishes.I didn't know where to start.
„It looks so delicious." Wooyoung said.
„Thanks.I made everything my two daughters like so I hope there is something you like as well."
I was happy...my aunt called me her daughter.I am so thankful.

It was a wonderful day.It was the happiest day in my life...I can't remember the last time I felt so happy.We talked about many things and laughed so much, so much that I thought is it ok to laugh that much? What if something bad happens?It seems like Wooyoung could see my worries.
He held my hand.
„Everything is ok don't worry about anything.Just enjoy this moment right now." he whispered and I nodded.

Just as Wooyoung was about to leave...
„It's raining."
„Wow it's raining so heavily." my uncle said.
„It's ok I have my car."
„Are you kidding?its already dark outside.Stay the night."my aunt said while giving him a creepy smile.
„No it's ok-„
„It's not ok.I will be worried I am insisting that you stay.I won't let you leave."
„It's ok I can drop him-„ my uncle couldn't continue because my aunt stepped on his foot.He was in pain but tried to hide it.
I can't believe my aunt had a side like this.I smiled.

„Come on in don't stand there."
„Where is he gonna sleep?" my cousin asked.
„Good question." my aunt said and was looking around." while she was thinking I went taking my glass to drink water.
„I can sleep on the couch."
„It's decided then! You will sleep in Haewons room."
I spat out my water and looked at her confused.

„Aunt!"
„There is no other room where else could he sleep?"
Is she kidding?
„No he can sleep in-„ she stopped my uncle from talking and dragged my cousin and him away.
„Wait a moment I am right back." my aunt said.

„I am sorry my aunt- i didn't know she had such a side."
„You family is really funny.I had so much fun." he said.
„I know right? They are so much fun.I should hang out more often with them.Come on I will show you my room."
„I will really sleep there?"
„My aunt will do anything to bring us in one room so don't fight against her let's just go up.I am tired."

„You sleep on the bed. I will sleep on the floor." he said.
„Of course you will did you think I will give over my precious bed? Never!"
„I can't believe you are saying that to a guest." he said slightly annoyed.
„Just sleep." I laid down.The whole time I tried to hold it back but the rain...was making me feel uneasy. It's better that Wooyoung stays here with me or else I might have an panic attack again.
But it got worse it was thundering.

„Oh god no.." I whispered.
„Are you ok Haewon?" Wooyoung stood up and looked after me.
„Wooyoung I- I might have a panic attack again."
„Hey. Everything is gonna be ok.Trust me."
I looked at him and strangely I calmed down. I held his hand tightly and pulled him on the bed.
„Please stay next to me."
„What?"
„Wooyoung please just sleep up here next to me...."
„I can't do that."
„I am scared....don't take it as a wrong intention.Please?" he was hesitating but then laid down next to me.It thundered again and I hugged Wooyoung tightly.He was so warm.He patted my back and I slowly calmed down....After a while I closed my eyes...

Wooyoung P.O.V

I don't know how I can hold back...it was so hard for me I want to stay like this...I am getting greedy.
When she fell asleep I stood up and wanted to get up but I couldn't she held my hand so tightly.
At that time the door knocked.
„Can I come in?" it was her aunt.
„Of course."
„I am so relieved she fell asleep.The reason I wanted you to stay was...the rain.You know she has a trauma right?"
„I know.Thats why."
„Whenever it rains she sits alone in her room and doesn't let us come in.She wants to fight it alone.I was worried she would do the same again so I wanted you to stay.And it worked,she is sleeping like a baby holding your hand tightly....she likes you so please stay by her side it's favour I am asking you."

She left and I looked at Haewon putting her hair behind her ear.I laid down next to her again and gave her a kiss on her forehead.
„Sleep well my angel." I will confess to her tomorrow.I don't care about anything anymore.
I don't want to lose her again.

Epiphany; a moment when you suddenly feel that you understand, or suddenly become conscious of something that is very important to you.

🌸Stay healthy everyone.Its summer but it's so cold where I live.I hate it.Thanks for reading!🌸