Epilogue

The moment Sirius died was bittersweet. 

He missed Harry dearly, but he was so happy to be reunited with his friends. He hugged James and Lily tight, and he didn't let go for a long time. 

But, there was one person, who, even after all these years, Sirius had never forgotten about. One person, who he had kept close to his heart. 

"Elizabeth," Her name rolled off his tongue. 

"Sirius," Still aged 14, Elizabeth smiled at him. 

Sirius looked down at his hands and a small pool of water rippled by his feet. He looked into it, and the reflection that greeted him was the one of his 14 year old self. 

Sweeping Elizabeth into his arms, Sirius hugged her, "I'm sorry you gave your life for mine even after all I did was taunt you. I have never forgiven myself for that."

The ghost of a smile flickered on Elizabeth's lips, "It's okay. I've been waiting for you."

"You have?"

"Yes. I never wanted to admit it, but I liked you. I liked you so much, I hated you."

Still in each other's embrace, Sirius leaned down and pressed a short, but sweet kiss to Elizabeth's lips, "Then, I'm glad we feel the same way," He replied, looking at her.

"I watched you for all these years," Elizabeth said quietly, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you."

"No," Sirius shook his head, his curls flopping around, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you back at Hogwarts, when you needed me against your bitch of a mother."

Elizabeth grinned, "She was kind of a bitch, wasn't she?"

Sirius nodded in agreement.

"I came to terms with my death soon after I died, and I decided now that I'm dead, I might as well live, you know? It's almost like a second chance, but this chance is forever," Elizabeth noted.

"And, I'll live beyond death with you," Sirius murmured.

Both with bittersweet smiles etched on their faces, they walked off, hands intertwined. 

Where they walked off to? 

We'll never know.

But, Sirius had chased. 

And, he caught what he was chasing for. 

The End. 

-----------

A/N: okay okay okay! super sudden ending, i know. but, let me explain. i was losing motivation for this story. i had started it three years ago (2017), and each chapter was so short and i had really bad writer's block. i'm not all that into writing fanfics anymore, but i decided i should at least finish this, so here it is. i'm sorry if you hate the ending, feel free to imagine a different one, but this is what i settled for. 

anyways, thank you if you read the whole thing :) <3 i hope you'll stick around for some of my other books, but don't feel obligated to. i have new book coming out hopefully soon (within this year) and it's an original story written by me! anyways, have a nice day/night!

signing off,

kacey