XVII (17)

December 23rd, 1974

Elizabeth rushed to Hogsmeade with Mabel as she had forgotten to buy a dress.

"How. Did. You. Forget. To. Buy. A. Dress." Mabel demanded as they reached a store.

"I was busy with writing an essay for potions!" Elizabeth defended.

"Okay. Well, all the good dresses are gone now. Good luck." Mabel waved to Elizabeth and dived into the piles of dresses.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and followed Mabel.

Mabel popped up holding a frilly pink dress that had loads of bows and it was so poofy if someone were to wear it, they couldn't fit through the doors in the Grand Hall.

"How 'bout this?" Mabel grinned.

"Wha- why- No!" Elizabeth sputtered.

"Your loss." Mabel shrugged.

After many hours of searching, Elizabeth popped up with three dresses and a big grin. There was a red one, a purple one, and a silver one.

"Ooooo! Try those on!" Mabel urged.

Elizabeth stumbled over to the change room and pulled the first dress on, "I like it, but it's not me." She exited the change room and modeled for Mabel.

Mabel hummed and nodded, "Agreed."

Elizabeth sighed and walked back to change room. A few minutes later she came back out with the purple dress on, "Nope." Elizabeth pulled the dress up to keep it from falling.

"Mm. Nah." Mabel looked around, bored.

Elizabeth began losing hope and tried on the last dress. As she came out, she shook her head. "This isn't my dress."

"That's right. It's mine." Mabel snickered and looked at Elizabeth.

"Oops. Oh well. I guess I'm going to the Ball in pants." Elizabeth shrugged.

"No! Keep looking."

"Fine."

Thirty minutes later

A/N: Dress at the top

Elizabeth picked up one last dress and brought it to the change room. She pulled it on and came out. "How 'bout this?"

"Yes!" Mabel exclaimed.

"Okay then. This is my dress." Elizabeth grinned.

Back at Hogwarts (Next to the Lake)

Elizabeth silently approached Sirius from behind. She inched closer to him and formed her fingers into a gun shape. Then, she tasered him.

Sirius jumped in the air and screamed.

Elizabeth burst out laughing, "Nice scream, Black."

"Hey! Not funny!" Sirius crossed his arms and sat down on the damp grass.

"Sorry. Anywho, I bought my dress." Elizabeth was wearing her Hogwarts skirt and pulled off her shoes; dipping her feet in the almost frozen lake.

"Okay. What colour is it?" Sirius rolled up his pants and joined Elizabeth.

"White."

"White?! If my undershirt, bow and dress suit are white, that'll clash!"

"Oh shush. It'll be fine. Wear a black undershirt, white dress suit and white bow. Elizabeth waved him off.

"Oh."

"Alright, bye." Elizabeth stood up with her shoes and left; her feet making small smacking sounds as she perfectly walked on ice.