XVI (16)

A week before Christmas in the morning

"Ahem. Silence please!" Dumbledore cleared his throat.

"As you may notice, Headmaster Dippet is currently not here. He has come down with Dragon Pox oh so suddenly," Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, "So, I have decided that on Christmas Eve, we will have a Christmas Ball."

Cheers echoed around Elizabeth, laughter tinkling through the air.

"Quiet!" Dumbledore clapped his hands.

The crowd was hushed immediately.

"If you do not celebrate Christmas, you may host a party of your religion or beliefs. If you do not want to attend the Ball, well," Dumbledore smiled and pondered," That's really too bad because if you are not ill or have a good reason to not come, attendance at the Ball is mandatory. This year, Christmas break shall start on December 25th instead. There will still be classes this week. The break will end on January 12th."

A few people groaned snd complained but other than that, everyone else was chattering excitedly.

"Also, you may want to attend the ball with a date, because there will be slow dancing." Dumbledore chuckled loudly.

Elizabeth looked around the Great Hall and her shoulders slumped.

Sirius took this as a sign that he should ask Elizabeth to the Ball. He ran a hand through his hair and sashayed up to Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth." Sirius said, pulling Elizabeth out of her thoughts. 

"Yes? Oh. It's you. Hello." Elizabeth turned towards Sirius.

"Would you want to go to the ball with me?" Sirius wiggled his eyebrows.

"That's how you're asking?" Elizabeth laughed.

"Yup."

"And you're not gonna give up about chasing me?" Elizabeth lifted an eyebrow skeptically.

"Yup."

"Alright. I'll go with you." Elizabeth began.

"Really?"

"Nah ah ah," Elizabeth tsked, "I'm not done yet. I will go with you, on a few conditions. Also, this better not be a dare."

"Yes, it's not a dare. And these conditions are?" Sirius sat down next to Elizabeth.

"Firstly, you have to ask in a more - how do I say this - a more public way. I way I would like. You have to match my dress and treat me like a lady. Also, no talking to anyone else. No Marauders, no girls, nobody but me." Elizabeth rested her chin on her hand.

"Deal."