Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

I should've known my Auntie would've pulled this on me. I didn't realize how serious she was when she said she wanted to meet Xander. And there he was, following his Nan to my house. It was really a big mistake for him to come, because now he'd have to feel the full embarrassment of both my Mum and Auntie. Truthfully, I was afraid of what would happen.

"Who are they?" Demi questioned, staring in awe as I turned with shock.

"Hello, Carol!" I cheerfully greeted.

"Xander," I politely and uneasily greeted, earning a surprised nod.

"Hi sweetheart," Carol smiled, looking over to Demi, "Who do you have there?" 

Nearly forgetting that Demi was still in my arms, I answered

"This here, is my cousin, Demetria, but I call her Demi."

"Isn't she adorable?" Carol cooed, making me nod vigorously in agreement.

"Demi this is Carol," I introduced.

"Hello.... you have a pretty necklace," She complimented, pointing at the gold pendant necklace resting on Carol's floral shirt.

"Why thank you. You know, you have very pretty hazel eyes."

Demi blushed at her kind words and tried to shyly hide her face in my arms causing Carol to giggle at her bashfulness.

"Well, we better head to the backyard. I can't keep you all waiting here." 

Wandering off the backyard, I began feeling even more anxious. I could feel Xander's eyes on me. I had so many things to tell him, but at that moment I just wanted him to leave so we could avoid humiliation. Or maybe I was overreacting... I trusted Xander to behave better now than the first time he came over. He nearly revealed to my mother that he'd accidently knocked me over with a door and saw my underwear.... and my gosh, that memory still scarred me.

I saw Dylan's eye leave his Nintendo. His eyebrow lifted in interest as Xander strolled into the backyard, his eyes looked over to me as if searching for answers, but I averted my gaze. I directed Carol over to the outdoor table, while Xander decided to go astray. He seemed to enjoy wandering around the yard. Demi had a wonder-struck expression across her face as she trailed his tracks, which plastered a confused grin on my face.

I nearly tripped over as I made it to the kitchen, with a peeved looked and folded arms I confronted my Mum. She pulled a poker-face as she rinsed the dirt of the lettuce in the sink.

"What?" My mum pretended to be innocent, though she knew perfectly well what she and Auntie Rosa planned.

"Why?" I whined.

"Why are you complaining, Tiffy?" Auntie Rosa cheekily joined the conversation.

"I'm pretty sure you both know."

"Why are you so upset to have your boyfriend over?" Auntie Rosa grinned.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed, though the more people mentioned it, the more I wondered if it was ever possible. But telling from our slight distancing lately, the chance seemed to be thinning and it scared me.

"After all, he's come over before. Oh and from what I heard, you both went for a study date."

"I-It w-wasn't a date! He... uh... I give up. You wouldn't believe me anyway."

My face reddened as I stuttered lame excuses. 

"I haven't even seen him yet," Rosa commented to herself, as she smiled at her sister at the fact that I was so flustered.