Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

A few days had passed and the whole kiss, possible jealousy and blackout scene finally seemed to calm down in my over-thinking mind. However, I admit that I made sure to keep my distance from Logan for I feared if he'd do anything else uncalled for. Education had returned to being my top priority, which also involved tutoring Xander.

Nate was still giving me dirty looks when I walked by. He did it so often I tried my best to avoid any eye contact with him. I didn't want anything to do with him. Neither did I want Xander caught up in his illegal mess. But either than that life was fine.

Lessons whizzed by, while doing so I did my work, extra work and returned to being the girl that would kick Xander under the table for being the weirdly outgoing person he was. He was similar to me in a way. During school or social collaborations I'd be the friendly, composed, rather happy-go-lucky student, when at home I'm usually either weird, stressed or depressed.. Except he was all outgoing, tough, mischievous, loud and intimidating at school. I guess everybody has a different side to them and I had the pleasure to know Xander's. If I'm not wrong, I don't even think Brooke, Kim, Justine nor Paris knew just how I acted at home. I rarely had friends over, in fact it had been months, excluding all the times that Xander appeared at my door, which in this case was only twice. But just because he knew me didn't stop me from being annoyed with him.

"How did you get the answer for 'd'?" Xander yelled out from the back of our maths class. On normal days, I would've sat at the front of the class, but Mrs Nightly moved me to the back so she could move a group of misbehaving and talkative boys forward. It's funny how people complain that girls blab on and on when boys are usually the main culprits of our class disruptions.

"I'll get there, Xander." Mrs Nightly explained in a tired tone, as she adjusted her glasses. "Just be patient."

"What's the answer for 'i' and 'c' and 'k'?" Xander called out with a teasing smile. Wow that was just... I can't even. Congratulations, Xander, you are officially being an idiot. He was bored and was now trying to entertain himself by calling out immature jokes.

"There is no question 'k'..." Kim trailed off, before realizing he was spelling the work 'dick' to the class. She gasped at Xander, making me roll my eyes and grin at her innocence at the same time.

"Oi, miss! Did you know that one plus one can equal three," Mrs Nightly pulled a confused face at Xanders proposal. "-if they don't wear protection?"

Just like that, he had the majority of the class laughing. I half-smirked at his immaturity, but hid my face by looking down at my work. It was a smart joke... in a way. Gazing up to see the time, my eyes stopped when they met another pair of eyes. Logan's blue ones to be specific. He smirked at me as he looked from Xander to me then followed up by wagging his eyebrows. With just those gestures, I knew he was implying dirty and suggestive thoughts involving me and Xander, just because of the sexual joke he broadcasted to the class. Shooting him a disapproving death-glare, I honestly felt like throwing something at his face to stop him for thinking that way. Like I said before, sex seemed to always be on his mind.

I rolled my eyes at him, when I noticed Xander was flipping his rude finger at Logan with an opposing aura surrounding him. He had his eyes narrowed on him, but Logan, being the cheeky person he was, decided to send him a thumbs up attached with a faked ecstatic facial expression.

"Pay attention boys." Mrs Nightly instructed as she continued drawing up examples of math equations on the whiteboard.

They both ignored the teacher. Xander seemed to lean closer to me, yet his eyes were fixated on Logan. His sleeves were just touching mine. Before I knew it, they were sending each other extreme facial messages across the room. At one stage they tried aggravating each other by sending blow kisses. Tongues were poked out, faces were stretched and every single rude hand gesture you could create was used. I couldn't help but laugh. Mrs Nightly delivered a curious and suspicious look. They were acting ridiculous, especially for guys their age. Somehow, I felt like a new friendship budding in the room, which I definitely wasn't expecting.