Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Tiffany?" He choked. "What are you doing here?"

I wasn't sure what to say. It's not like I could say 'oh hi there Xander. I was just stalking you and your buddies here. That demon dog over there scared the hell out of me and now your friends are giving me the creeps.' Though that was a honest answer, I refuse to let it slip my mouth. I stood there frozen in place like a cemented pole.

"Who's she" The Panda Girl asked.

"No one, just someone in my class," Xander answered still looking at me like I was some sort of mutant being.

"What's your business here, sweet-cheeks?" The creepy guy asked playfully. "Come to join our smoking session?"

"No!" Xander blurted out a little too loud than he wanted. It was obvious he didn't want me here. "No, she's here to get me."

He coughed a little nervously. The others just looked around confused and curiously. Obviously they didn't know that I had to basically babysit him.

 "What are you talking about?" The creepy guy questioned.

"I've got to go, right now." Xander proclaimed, briskly grabbing my wrist, a little too tightly, and dragging me away. The others tried calling out to him as he drove me away. Calling out profanities and suggestive comments that I much rather block from my memories.

I let out a sigh of relieve once he finally let go after we power-walked across two streets. He swung around and gave me a stern look.

"What the hell were you doing?" He intensely and angrily interrogated. "What were you thinking? Do you even know what 'he' could've done to you?"

I was taken aback. He was the 'genius' that decided to wag. But what really caught me off guard was his last question. Was he worried? Was the creepy guy actually intending to harm me?

Why was Xander so angry? Angry people scare me. They were unpredictable. This wasn't the typical cocky Xander.

"Tiffany, wh-"

"I'm sorry, Xander." I apologized with a shaky, fearful voice.

His eyes widened and his expression softened. I glanced just long enough to notice the look of sadness behind his eyes as he noticed my fear. He averted his gaze and sighed.

"Look, I didn't mean to burst out like that," He sighed rubbing the back of his neck. "What are you doing here?"

I don't know. It was my impulse to do so.

Instead of answering the complete truth I replied saying "You're my responsibility now. I was planning to bring you back to class, but judging from the time we have left, school will be over just before we get there."

I couldn't believe I actually spent nearly a whole lesson chasing after him. He groaned. I could smell the scent of tobacco coming out his mouth, making me cough in disgust. Then he quickly took off down the street.

"Where are you going?" I called out to him. "Xander?!"

"You came all this way to get me," he flatly stated, "so I guess we better head back."

I didn't expect him to get over my actions that quickly. He probably still had a swirl-pool of questions running though his mysterious mind. Did I blame him? Not really, I didn't even know why I bothered chasing after him.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smiling a little. Why you ask? Well I managed to get Mr Troublemaker to return to school, though school was just about over. I almost felt as though I had won some sort of metal. But that little grin was swept away when I remembered that I actually skipped a class for this guy. I had never ever wagged in my whole lifetime, I was scared. One thing I couldn't stand was getting into trouble.