Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

I can't lie, I was pretty shaken. I mean who wouldn't be? Sophina paid Nikita to trip me over as revenge for supposably 'stealing' Xander away from her. It was like paying a hitman to murder me, excluding the actual murder. Lately, I had been feeling hated for no good reason. First was Nate, though I didn't even know why. Then Sophina and her friend, for Xander's feelings and lastly, Nikita, but that's only because she loathes all humans.

Before Xander, they wouldn't even look at me. None of it was his fault though. I didn't even know who was at fault, but it didn't matter. Pointing fingers wasn't going to do anything. Honestly, I did feel hurt and judged, but I refused to show it in fear of bringing the others down.

It felt like forever before school was finally over. Brooke, Justine and I huddled together at the bus stop with big grins smacked across our faces. This was it; the day Brooke would finally meet 'X'. I know it seemed a little silly for her to like someone from afar for so long, but it was worth a try. It could work out, or not. But if he was that clouded not to notice how precious and amazing Brooke was, then he didn't deserve her. That's the way I looked at it. 

Brooke looped her arm in mine as the three of us slowly approached 'X' and his friends. Brooke was evidently nervous and was definitely having second thoughts on the whole plan, but we weren't going to let her back out anymore. Justine started the conversation with 'X'.

"You were the one playing the piano in the music room during lunch right?" She asked the tall, slim guy. According the Justine and Brooke, they heard him playing wonderfully while they were strolling through the corridors.

His dark blonde hair appeared briefly combed - enough to look like he attempted putting time into making himself look presentable, but wasn't overdone. I could admit he was quite attractive. Something about his face reminded me of an angel. Sweet and flawless. He looked rather suprised that we were sparking a conversation with him in the middle of his friends.

"Yeah, that sounds like something you do, Felix." One of his friends answered for him.

"Felix." Brooke whispered to herself, getting familiar with the name of her from-far-away crush. "Y-You were really gr-a-amazing."

Smooth

Felix observed Brooke's shakey state with a confused expression. What was he thinking? What was his impression on her? I began feeling a little tense and regretful since he hadn't said anything to Brooke yet. Brooke's grip on my arm tightened like a python coiling and strangling its prey. His brown eyes held a strangely long gaze on Brooke, but finally his expression seemed to relax and soften - revealing a shy smile.

"I didn't think anyone could hear me, but thank you." He gently thanked, his friends now talking among themselves and glancing over and smiling every so often so they didn't block us out. They were quite friendly. "Brooke, right?"

Brooke's eyes widened in shock. Well who would've known? He actually did notice her. I'd imagine that she would've been having a celebration party in her head at that moment he spoke her name.

"Y-yes." She chirped, gaining confidence and taking control of the conversation.

In a matter of minutes, the two of them were chattering about video games, books and their favourite music artists and songs. It was like they instantly clicked and I was really pleased. He seemed like a decent guy and this comforted me knowing that my friend was warming up to good people, well at least he seemed that way.

Justine soon left to catch her bus, which left me standing awkwardly to the side of Justine's and Felix's conversation. Fortunately for me, I had my phone to keep me entertained and appear less like a wingman- wing-girl in this case. I drew a sigh of exhaustion and stress as I scanned through my past messages.