Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"So Miss Palmer, what do you say?" Mr Swan, the principal asked.

"I'll do it," I replied.

"Splendid!" Mr Swan sang. "Well, you will have to assist and accompany Xander in all your classes."

All my classes? What have I gotten myself into. I can't even talk to this guy. 

I just nodded and faked a smile. It was clear Xander wasn't please with this 'experiment' either. He just glared out the window as if someone was mocking him through the other side of the window pane.

The principal continued.

"I'd also suggest in-school tutor sessions, so Xander can catch up on the work he's missed due to his wagging habits. If he skips class or if he's causing any problems, please do notify me. Teachers lately can be a bit.. slack with reporting such matters. Also," Mr Swan looked directly into my eyes. "please, Miss Palmer, don't let him influence you into doing the wrong thing."

Ha there is no way I'd let Xander influence me.

"Understood?"

"Understood." I responded with a confident smile, though in reality I was actually really nervous. "I'll try my best."

"I'll leave you to it then. Xander I'm expecting you to treat Miss Palmer with respect."

"Whatever." Xander scoffed.

*********************************************************

I sat there twiddling my thumbs awkwardly and converted my nervous gaze to the ground. I had no clue what to say to him. Mr Swan got us to go to the library to learn 'a thing or two' about each other, which I thought was rather unnecessary since we'll have to deal with each other for quite awhile.

Why did I accept to do this?

"Are you even gonna talk, Miss 'My Little Pony'?" Xander teased. This, as you could've imagine, annoyed the hell out of me and made me more uncomfortable then I already was.

I remained silent, throwing him a prolonged death stare.

He can blackmail me with that anytime he wants, which could be a real disadvantage in the future. The good thing is that he won't have any proof of me wearing My Little Pony underwear after today, but I would prefer not having any rumours spreading if he does speak of it. But why would they believe anything he says. I mean, it's Xander. Right? Aaaarg this boy is stressing me out heaps already. I need to calm down. But how can I when we're stuck together now?

"What is your problem?" Xander grumbled in boredom of my death-staring reaction. "You're on your period aren't you?"

He said that a little louder than I would've liked, because now half the seniors in the library had their awkward eye-gazes over towards us. I instantly felt embarrassed.

"What, no!" I retaliated, blushing.

"It's okay, Miss Palmer," he replied cheekily impersonating Mr Swan. "you don't have to deny the truth."

I hid my face, unsure what to say as I didn't want to press the matter any further.

"Oh and next time you cross a road, maybe you should actually look before nearly getting yourself run over."

It was him! I knew those brown eyes were familiar. 

"Why were you there in the first place?" I finally asked quietly.

"Why do you care?" He smirked.

"Do you want to get into university or not?" I snapped, surprising Xander and myself. "Because the way I see it, you don't."