LIKE THE WAVES

[ Taeyong POV ]

" So you're telling me.... Jaehyun made you a freakin' hearing aid! ", Haechan screamed and the whole cafeteria stared at us. I shushed him, nudging him with my elbow.

" Yes he did. Now calm down ", I tell him and he smiles wide.

" I like listening to you speak, your voice is so nice ", he says and I raise a brow. " Jaehyun hyung is like a whole package, marry him already! ".

" I don't think either of us are ready for that kind of commitment ", I say and Mark gives me a weird look from across the table.

" How are so you sure hyung? What if Jaehyun wants to get married? ", Mark asks me and I shrug.

" We're still students. We're both still studying. I don't think he wants to get married! ".

" Whatever you say. Just saying, Jaehyun hyung would be such a perfect hubby ", Haechan says as he resumes eating his salad. While Mark goes back to reading his book.

I sigh. Now I can't stop thinking about it. What if Jaehyun actually wants to get married? Or what if he never wants to?

All of a sudden, someone back hugs me and I almost scream.

" How's my best friend doing? "

Taeil hyung.

" Hyung don't scare me like that ", I say and he takes a seat between Haechan and I. " Why are you here? Don't you have to be in the art building? ", I ask him.

" You weren't replying to Jaehyun's texts, so he was worried ", Taeil hyung says and I laugh.

" My phone ran out of charge! Tell him not to worry ", I answer and Taeil hyung puts an arm around my shoulder.

" He also told me to tell you that he will be taking you out today, so he'll wait for you after class. Be ready Tae ", he says, gets up and walks away, waving goodbye.

Hmmm. Where is Jaehyun taking me?

" Enjoy your date today hyung! ", Haechan says as he leaves too, along with Mark.

I smile to myself as I hug my books to my chest, heading to my next class. I can't wait for my classes to end.

...

[ Jaehyun POV ]

I've waited for twenty minutes for Taeyong to come. What's taking him so long?

Before I decide to go get him myself, I see him running outside hugging his backpack, almost slipping down the staircase.

I laugh at his clumsiness. He runs up to me and collapses into my arms. I hold on to him tightly and place a kiss on the top of his head.

" I missed you ", he mumbles into my chest and I ruffle his hair. " I missed you too baby ".

He lets go of me and puts on his backpack properly. " Taeil hyung told me you're taking me out. Where are we going? ".

" It's a secret ", I tell him as I get on to my motorcycle. I put on my helmet and hand Taeyong one too. " Hop on ".

" This is the first time you're taking me on a motorcycle. Where did you get it from? ", he asks and I tell him that I borrowed it from Doyoung.

He hops on to the bike hesitantly and holds on to my shoulders, giving them a light squeeze.

I sigh, " You're gonna fall off if you hold on like that ", I grab his hands and wrap them around my waist. " There. You will not fall off now ".

The grip of his arms around my waist tighten and he rests his chin on my shoulder.

" Ready? "

" Ready "

...

" The beach! ", Taeyong screams as he links his arm with mine.

" Yep ", I say with a smile. " I wanted to take you here ".

" I love it ", he sighs with his eyes closed, letting the wind hit his face.

" I love you ", I say as I put an arm around his waist, pulling him closer. " I love you more ", he replies with a bright smile. " Now come on, let's have some fun ".

He grabs my arm and drags me to the shore. He removes his shoes and I do the same. He interlaced his hand in mine, and we walked closer to the water.

The cold waves washed over our feet as the wind brushed through our hair.

" This feels nice ", he whispers and I smile. " It does ".

We stayed at the beach until sunset and then we decided to return home. We hopped on to the motorcycle and rode across the highway.

Taeyong's arms were tightly wrapped around my waist and his face was resting on to my back. He was tired and  had fallen asleep.

I smile to myself. Life is not as bad as it seems, is it?

...