SING FOR YOU

[ Taeyong POV ]

After a tiring evening of handling Haechan and Mark, I sat in the kitchen and watched my boyfriend wash the dishes.

I can't help but admire him. He's so enthusiastic about everything and he takes care of me like a prince. He's Jaehyun, he's perfect.

' Done staring? ', he asks with a raised brow and my cheeks become hot. He's seems like he's done with the dishes.

" I want to stare at you forever ", I say with a unusual burst of confidence. He smiles and takes off his apron, placing it inside the drawer.

' Stare at me later, I'm gonna take a shower ', he says, giving me a peck on my forehead as he heads to the bathroom.

I had already taken a shower so I decided to just wait in our room for Jaehyun to come so that we could go to bed.

When I entered the room, the drawer of Jaehyun's table was open. I walked over to close it but I saw something shocking inside.

I picked it up and examined it. Was this Jaehyun's science project that he was talking about? The one that he was making for me?

He made a hearing aid. He made a freakin' hearing aid. Jaehyun made a freakin' HEARING AID.

All of a sudden I feel two arms wrap around the waist. I place the hearing aid quickly back into the drawer and I close it shut.

I turn around and face Jaehyun, holding me. His hair was dripping wet and he had only a towel wrapped around his waist.

" Wear some clothes! ", I say, playfully hiting his chest. He smiles and lets go off me. He puts on a shirt and sweatpants and sits on the bed.

' You found it, didn't you? ', he asks and I panic. " Found what? ".

' My science project ', he says with a smile. I admit saying yes. There's no point in lying now.

He stands up, walks to the drawer and takes out the hearing aid. " I was gonna give it to you tomorrow, but since you already found it, you can have it now ".

Jaehyun walks closer to me and hands me the hearing aid. " Wear it. Tell me if it works ".

I hesitate at first but I convince myself to wear it. I fix it in my right ear and I take a deep breath. I look straight at Jaehyun and wait for him to speak.

" Taeyong. Can you hear me? ", he says and my eyes widen.

I hear him. I hear my Jaehyun. I can finally hear the love of my life. Tears start falling subconsciously and I cry into my palms.

Jaehyun runs up to me and hugs me tightly. I hold on to his shirt and continue crying into his chest. He kisses the top of my head and rubs my back.

" Taeyong, baby ", he says in a soothing voice. He sounds so calm. I want to listen to his voice forever.

I stop crying and look up at him. He smiles and pecks my nose. I smile back and cup his face. I lean in and latch my lips on to his and we share a sweet, short kiss.

We break apart and he holds me by my waist. " Jaehyun, I love you so much. More than anyone could ever love someone. "

He smiles and says, " I love you too baby, to the moon and back ".

" Thanks for this Jaehyun. Thanks for everything. When you said you were making something for me, I never expected this. How did you even make this? ", I ask and he chuckles.

" I studied and researched about it. I even visited various ear specialists. I made a very low-cost efficient hearing aid ", he answers. I'm still so shocked and confused.

" So... I can hear... everything? ", I ask nervously. He nods, " You should be able to ".

He carries me gently and I wrap my arms around his neck. He places me on the bed softly and lies down with me. He pulls the cover over both of us and hugs my waist. I bury my face into his chest and embraced his warmth.

" Jaehyunie? ", I ask looking up at him.

" Hmm? "

" Can you sing to me? "

" Really? My voice is terrible "

" Please. No one's sung to me in so many years "

" Ok. Close your eyes. I'll sing ", Jaehyun says and begins to sing a sweet melody. His voice was beautiful when he sang.

I close my eyes and listen to Jaehyun singing to me. My eyes grow heavy as warmth takes over my body and I fall into deep sleep.

...