Beards

Chapter 21 - Beards

Kendall's pov

          Did Bridgette's mother really just come over to my house and talk to me about my relationship with her daughter? I was shocked to say the least,

Why is my address online for anyone to see? I had to figure out a way to have it taken down

I didn't appreciate her harsh judgment on my dark past and her constant need to assume that I am bad for Bridgette. It was really irritating and I think I did a pretty good job at keeping my composure,

Yeah what I did in the past was terrible and wrong, people died because I was stupid and wanted to get behind a wheel drunk, but I can't go back and change what happened. That's what Morgan was not getting..

As soon as I closed the door on her, I walked to my house phone and dialed Bridgette's number. If me and her were going to be keeping things secret between us, we had to make sure that we did it well,

''Hello''

''Bridgette! Hey, is your mom home?''

''No, she left like 20 minutes ago, why?''

''She just came over to my house and basically interrogated me about you''

''What?, why would she do that?''

''Look, there's some things I did in my past that I regret and things that I wish I could take back. She came over here to question me about said things and also asked me questions about you and if we were on good terms or not''

''How did she find out where you lived?''

''She found it online''

''Why is your address just online to the public?''

''I don't know, I wish it wasn't. I told her that me and you were on good terms, but when you see her, just act like everything is normal''

''Oh of course, it's just really frustrating that she did that''

''I know, I was shocked too when I saw her on my front door step''

''Well, how did it go?''

''It went well, at first, she was just asking me about my past and basically was so judgmental on what I did...

''What did you do exactly? I mean, I'm not sure if you wanted to tell me but..

''No, if we're going to have a relationship, you should know anything you want about me. So, I was in three car accidents when I was younger, two of them were serious in which there were several victims and I spent some jail time for both of them. Morgan must have looked me up because she worries about you and she came here asking questions about the accidents, saying how could I drive drunk and was I sorry for what I did''

There was nothing but silence on the other side of the line for about a minute, I hoped I didn't scare her away,

''Bridgette?''

''Okay, what you did was really stupid, but I understand that you were young and young people make mistakes sometimes. You spent time in jail so you faced your consequences and I assumed that your driver's license is suspended indefinitely so at least you won't be able to be on the road again''

Was she judging me, just like her mother?

''Wow, here I am getting judged again''

''No, no, I'm not judging you, I understand you made mistakes, I'm just saying that at least you know what you did was wrong and that everything is better now''