Keep The Distance

Chapter 8 - Keep The Distance

Bridgette's pov

              Luckily when I got home, my mother wasn't there so I didn't have to worry about her interrogating me about why I skipped school for the rest of the day.

When I walked in, I put my bag down and changed my clothes. I had to go meet Alison and the rest of the fierce four in a little bit.

Victor picked me up and dropped me home, I noticed the slight fading black eye that was forming on his right eye,

We shared a look of acknowledgement and I decided not to question him about it, he would tell me when he was ready.

Was it a family member? I have never met anyone in his family so I didn't know what they were about. Or was it a friend of his,

I shook my head and decided not to think too much of it,

*buzz buzz*

I looked down at my phone and saw an unknown number, I normally don't answer these, but I decided to answer it this time.

''Hello?''

''Well you won, for now at least''

I froze and held in a breath,

Kendall Red...how did she get my number?

''Are you some sort of stalker or something, how do you have my number?''

''1st day of school, I asked you guys to fill out your information, everyone had to give me a house number and a mobile number''

''You said you would never use it''

''Well I lied, but anyways, that was a good stunt you and Alison pulled''

''With the way you act towards many of the students, you should have expected this to happen. You're just lucky that it's not a permanent result''

''And how do I act towards students?''

''Like a bitch''

''Oh Bridgette, I would be careful with the words you use with me and plus I thought you liked me. I gave you a motorcycle ride home''

''I regret that''

''No you don't, you're just saying that because you're friends with Alison''

''Not true, I really don't like you''

''Okay well, if you don't like me, meet me at the local coffee shop in a few, I need to talk to you''

I bit my lip, I told Alison that I would for sure stay away from Kendall,

''I have things to do''

''Like what? Homework? Ignore it, you can finish it later''

''No not that, I just have things to do''

''Why can't you tell me?''

''Okay hanging up now bye''

Before she could say anything, I hung up the phone and dropped it on the kitchen counter.

Well now I have to change my number or I can just have hers blocked, but she can always just get another phone number.

I rubbed my face and poured me a cup of water, I just moved to this town a few months ago and already a lot has happened,

I have a new best friend who loves to talk back to adults and curse profoundly; I have a new boyfriend who is very shy and also a little naive but one of the hottest guys in school; I'm also friends with a guy who barely talks unless he's spoken to; and I have this crazy new teacher whose goal is it to ruin everyone's lives in the school.