Lewis Benjamin

Chapter 17 - Lewis Benjamin

Kendall's pov

           Now that parent - teacher conferences were over, I was finally able to go home. My feet were killing me in these shoes, I rarely wore anything but sneakers unless it was a special occasion.

When I walked outside, I saw Lewis leaning against his car, staring at me and holding a bouquet of roses in his hand,

Roses were my favorite

''Lewis? What is this for?'' I walked over to him and touched the flowers,

''Just wanted to get you something to show that I care about you''

''Okay, drive me home, we need to talk''

He frowned and shook his head,

''What's going on?''

''I'll tell you when we get home''

He handed me the flowers and got inside his car, I followed in the passenger's seat and threw the flowers in the backseat. He gave me a look, but quickly looked back at the road,

I know I was being mean, but I really need to get it in Lewis's head that I don't want a serious relationship with him. I was only with him for the sex and we probably can't do that anymore either,

The ride home was quiet, thank god, I would rather wait until we were home to actually talk to him about what was going on. It was a quick one too, granted I only lived about 15 minutes away from the school.

Lewis parked in my driveway and got out of the car, I followed in suit as he opened my door (I forgot he had a spare key) and he held it open for me. I went inside and closed the door,

He had changed out of his work outfit so he stood in front of me wearing a black leather jacket with a black shirt, black ripped jeans, and white vans. His hair was all over the place and he looked around, avoiding my eyes.

''Lewis, look I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I don't think we should go any further with this relationship''

''Why? What did I do wrong?''

''Nothing, it's just that we stated from the beginning of our relationship that it was pure sex, you had no feelings for me at the time, the same goes for me as well''

''I know, but I've been thinking and I didn't always treat you the best and I don't think any other girl can handle me like you can''

''How do you know that?''

''I know I'm a problem child, my parents hate me and I have no friends, you're really the only person who I have in my life''

''It sounds likes you need a friend, someone who's there for you, not a relationship. I rather be friends with you than anything''

''The sex is nice''

''Yeah, but apparently it made you too attached to me''

''I'm not attached''

''Well, look at how you're acting, you never acted like this. We would fuck and then you would leave me that same night''

''Exactly, I felt bad for how I was treating you''

''Well why are you just now doing something?''

''Because I didn't want to scare you off, I wanted to wait until we were together long enough, a year, and I wanted to see if maybe you grew feelings for me, like I did''