Chapter 10- Even I'm against myself

MERRY NEW YEARS
Here's another post, the next will be in 1-2 weeks unless I get ÜBER motivated in the next few days

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long weekend of mixed emotions, seclusion, and tidying up the house, Sam was dragging herself into a faux leather v-neck, skater skirt dress, grey cardigan, and black boot, leather platform heels, via her cousin who had turned her onto the shoes the previous summer, on the following and cool Monday morning. She and the guys were forced to dress up in their best clothes for the first game of the season. It was a cooler day in the down fall off summer, so she decided to take her car for the first time since moving in. Revving the engine, she made the short drive to the school in less than 5 minutes. She climbed out of the car, slinging her backpack over her shoulder, and walked into the school.

"Yo! Sam!" A certain pastel blue haired girl shouted over the hum of the loud highschool hallway. I turned around and smiled at Maddie.

"Hey Maddie, how are you?" She hooked her arm around mine and walked me towards our shared first hour class.

"I'm swell, and you look hot. What's goin' on today?" I chuckled at her straight-forwardness and glanced enviously at her light blue jeans and sleeveless t-shirt.

"We have our first game of the season against Northridge tonight, and coach made us all dress up." She sniggerd at my pouting face, dragging us into our classroom. She unhooked our arms and we plopped down in our chairs. We talked quietly as we waited for the class to start. The first three warning bells sounded, then the late bell went off two minutes after the last warning tone, and the teacher was no where to be found, and neither was Harvey. Damn him. Why do I even care if that fucker is here?

"Frowning will give you wrinkles Sammy." Cooed Maddie.

"Sorry, sorry. I can't be bothered to smile right now." I sighed. thinking of him put me into a rotten mood. Maddie looked concerned, but before she could say anything, the door to the class was kicked open, leaving our non-other than Harvey in its metal frame. I could feel his eyes on me, but I refused to spare a glance at him.

"Ok kids; dear old Mr. Mckinney is out today. The secretary said to just have a study period since their won't be a sub 'till second hour." I scoffed as the rest of the class cheered.

"Look alive sunshine." Harvey smirked at me, taking his walking past me before taking his seat.

"As if, Doctor death." I wonder if he'd get the reference.

NO. WHO CARES IF HE GETS IT?

Apparently you. My consensus replied to me.

Ugh. Even I'm against myself.

The rest of the day continued like this. Harvey making one-off remarks at me, Maddie telling me to stop glaring or frowning, and the guys trying to make me smile. But honestly how could I when he went out of his way to piss me off. Whether it was making out with the skanky head cheerleader, or smirking at me with his backhanded insults. It was apparent that I had never been less excited for a football match. But, I did look forward to getting out my stress on the footy field.

"Ok team, be changed and out in 15, then we warm up and leave in an hour for Northridge. Sam, here's your shirt, and the captains wrist band is in your locker in the changing room. Dismissed." I jogged to the locked room as quickly as I could in heels, and changed into the uniform. I pulled on the burgundy and white nike shorts that I had to roll up due to the to-large size. Next over my sports bra I pulled on the nike tight fitting White shirt, the right shoulder was also burgundy, and had vertical lines of white in the sleeve, and on the opposite shoulder, three burgundy bands stretched up from the sleeve and across the chest, and then blended into the burgundy of the right shoulder. It also had a 'C' embroidered onto the left breast side. I french braided my hair, and slipped on the white and vertically striped burgundy socks over my shin guards and pulled on my lucky and custom Lavender, white, and black Nike hyper venom's. I grabbed the warm up windbreaker, skinny leg warm up pants and school issued 'soccer bag' and ran outside to warm up the boys.